Notices

Boomerang Location?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 11:43 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 701 Likes on 462 Posts
Default Boomerang Location?

The 993 I just bought had a boomerang locator installed in it when it was new and it has a small parasitic drain, so I'd like to remove it. They hide the transmitter in the car and don't tell the owner where it is. We called the installer but they have no records from back then. Also searched the forum and found some comments on Boomerangs, so I am hoping that someone might suggest where to look for the transmitter. Thanks!
Old 05-10-2017, 11:56 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Onami
The 993 I just bought had a boomerang locator installed in it when it was new and it has a small parasitic drain, so I'd like to remove it. They hide the transmitter in the car and don't tell the owner where it is. We called the installer but they have no records from back then. Also searched the forum and found some comments on Boomerangs, so I am hoping that someone might suggest where to look for the transmitter. Thanks!
i have the same issue with my Tracker a Battery Drain, my cancelled mu subscription years ago and have to keep my car on life support all the time
Old 05-10-2017, 11:57 AM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 602 Likes on 295 Posts

I had one on my 997 and it was somewhere under the steering column.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:15 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 143 Likes on 112 Posts

Never really understood the boomerang install.
You pay a large amount to install it, it drains your battery, and your insurance company doesn't really care and offer you minimal discount, if any. Mind you, as a 2o year old, I used to install alarms on most of my cheap cars. But really it was to get that really C00L key fob that you could click and your doors would unlock remotely.
On your Booomerand location? Check you fuse panel for a piggy back fuse. If not there, you will have to find the circuit it is on. It will have to have a constant power. Check at the battery terminal as well.
x2 - often hid in the steering column from the constant power wire from the key to the left or it. Keep a eye out for funny coloured wiring, or a T-fuse, or a questionable gauge of wire.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:29 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys. I am taking the car to Mantis next week for some mtce and a safety, so I'll ask them to look around a little too. Just put a new battery in it last week and don't want to constantly have to keep it hooked up to a tender...
Old 05-10-2017, 08:48 PM
wc11
Race Car

Received 154 Likes on 99 Posts

Every installer is different. Each guy has his own personal preference on where he likes to put it.
You could call a few current or ex Boomerang dealers and ask where they would typically install it in your model year. Could narrow down the possibilities.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:20 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

They won't discuss it with anyone because they are afraid that you are potential theif.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:15 AM
eyedoc
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

For the last couple of yrs they are not connected to the battery-they have a 7 yr lithium ion battery self contained. Your key fob has a small diode light which illuminates when low. If prior to 7 yrs, they replace entire unit, I believe

Quick Reply: Boomerang Location?