Notices

Mr AirB&B

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 12:42 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 345 Posts
Default Mr AirB&B

Mr AirB&B your verification page is broken and customer service is non-existent.

I'm posting here because you AirB&B guys are rich enough to own several Porsches and quite possibly visit this site. So here's the problem. If you know how to move this forward PM me.

I booked a great spot in Rotterdam through AirB&B and it worked well and the owner didn't need the government ID. I tried the same in Paris and it required a verification process which i initiated and at the Jumio page the process simply froze up and I lost my request to book Paris, so instead I just booked a hotel. Much easier. Next is Barcelona and same problem with verification. The problem of course is my credit card gets hit up for the full amount which thankfully is credited but that takes a couple of days. Not happy here.

Mr Rennlist thankfully has a much better system and if there was a RennAirB&B i'd use it.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:00 PM
uniquenamehere
Burning Brakes

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts

We used AirBNB in Barcelona a few years back but didn't have any verification to speak of. Is this some new policy?
Old 04-26-2017, 01:20 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

AFAIK some hosts ask for a higher level of verification such as a pic of a drivers license. No problem with that except the process simply doesn't work.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:28 AM
Mark Lue
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JimV8
AFAIK some hosts ask for a higher level of verification such as a pic of a drivers license. No problem with that except the process simply doesn't work.
Hi Jim, when I was in California last year, i signed up for AirB&B and had the same problem, trying to book a place in Santa Barbara during the Columbus Day weekend, we eventually got it sorted. On the road that is not as easy as it would seem, until we found a good strong WiFi connection.

Have a great trip.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:53 AM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I was able to upload my license no problem. Verification took a few mins. Not sure what I did properly... maybe try re-taking the pic? Perhaps their software couldn't read it.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:15 AM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Never even got far enough into the process to even offer the ID. The page just froze blank. Anyway so far the Rotterdam place is great and it seems the epicentre of yesterdays 'Kings Day' celebrations with a rock group just under my window, but that was over at 11:00. DID you know Rotterdam is also the epi centre of Heineken consumpltion? Ask me how I know this.

Quick Reply: Mr AirB&B