McLaren destroyed - Page 3 - Rennlist Discussion Forums



McLaren destroyed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2017, 05:19 PM   #31
peanuboy
User
 
peanuboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8
Default

peanuboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 05:33 PM   #32
BioBanker
User
 
BioBanker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: West Vancouver
Posts: 1,267
Default

Cars get smashed everyday and I doubt that anyone here is thinking anymore about this smashed McLaren. Go into any McLaren dealer or high end body shop and there will be a dozen of them lined up!

But if that were to have happened in Vancouver, its as close to a fact as a non-fact can be (LOL) that it was a foreign student driving. If almost all the supercars here, and there are a ton of them here, are driven by foreign students, then its a pretty good guess!
BioBanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:21 PM   #33
squid42
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
squid42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,059
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPo View Post
Let's jump to some conclusions and assume [...] and financial background of the driver.
My money is on the drive being in a good financial situation

Well, at least until this weekend...
squid42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:23 PM   #34
squid42
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
squid42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,059
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanuboy View Post
Drunk. Arrested waiting for bail hearing. Accident partner was a transformer box. Probably didn't jump in his way. 23 year old male.

This website specifically states that they don't know the nationality.


Official police report. Basically saying the same things:
https://www.haltonpolice.ca/about/me...?releaseID=847
squid42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:50 PM   #35
go-ran
User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 152
Default

Going by the report the driver being 23, and the passenger being 47 maybe it was a father and son combo.
go-ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:24 PM   #36
wc11
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
wc11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pickering, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahama View Post
Firstly, glad that no one was hurt. There are studies that show the human brain does not fully mature until about the age of 25-26. Guess what part of the brain that is? Yup, the part that processes rational thought...
Oh well, it was a nice car!
...and yet, the push to legalize marijuana continues...just wait for stoned drivers of all ages...

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid42 View Post
Yeah, but those can't afford the McLaren and/or don't want it.
Those who crash brand new 200k+ sports cars are almost always students that are here unsupervised, from parents who directed their country's money in the kid's general direction.
Too many cases lately, all of the same pattern.
How many 23 year old's go cruising in super car with a 47 year old passenger? I'd be out with a buddy or looking for girls.
I'm still thinking dad and inexperienced driver son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imo000 View Post
You can say it, no need to be polite. Corrupt Chinese parent's that steal from the People's Republic to spoil their "student" kids in Canada.
I think you may be jumping to conclusions way to early before any facts are released.
What will you say if it turns out to be a rich white Oakville kid?

I think we all need to step back until the facts are released and keep fingers crossed for full recoveries to all involved.
wc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:44 AM   #37
bronson7
Super User
 
bronson7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 8,944
Default

Let's just throw out age and race...he was drunk, that's all we need to know. Thank god no innocent person was killed.
bronson7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 02:34 AM   #38
squid42
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
squid42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,059
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc11 View Post
...and yet, the push to legalize marijuana continues...just wait for stoned drivers of all ages...
Realistically all who want marijuana can get it already. And alcohol is worse for driving anyway.

Not buying the father/son thing. Doesn't fit my mental image of the incident.
squid42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:04 AM   #39
KLCC 88
User
 
KLCC 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imo000 View Post
You can say it, no need to be polite. Corrupt Chinese parent's that steal from the People's Republic to spoil their "student" kids in Canada.
I wouldn't mind being one of those Kids!...that have rich parents and are carefree as long as I don't hurt anyone....but i'm not so let's not always jump to conclusion...
KLCC 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 01:00 PM   #40
Turbodan
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Turbodan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto Canada eh!
Posts: 7,895
Default

drunk driving with his dad? maybe the older male lured the 23 year old with the car?
We can guess all day. Curious why the name wasn't released? I thought it is a deterrent by publicly shaming the accused?
As others have said stupid to drive impaired, thank god no innocents were hurt...poor car
Turbodan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 01:05 PM   #41
theiceman
Super User
 
theiceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cambridge Ontario Canada
Posts: 20,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodan View Post
drunk driving with his dad? maybe the older male lured the 23 year old with the car?
We can guess all day. Curious why the name wasn't released? I thought it is a deterrent by publicly shaming the accused?
As others have said stupid to drive impaired, thank god no innocents were hurt...poor car
because he's innocent until proven guilty ? although the social media and the forum courts seem to convict people long before the courts.
theiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 01:09 PM   #42
KLCC 88
User
 
KLCC 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 295
Default

I'm quite sure it won't be long before his name and his passengers name is release...usually takes a few days....it's a small enough number of folks that can afford a car like this so someone knows him!
KLCC 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 01:09 PM   #43
Turbodan
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Turbodan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto Canada eh!
Posts: 7,895
Default

^names of accused are regularly released before found guilty.
Turbodan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:23 PM   #44
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User
 
Imo000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 19,856
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodan View Post
^names of accused are regularly released before found guilty.
This is just plain WRONG! There should be a law against it.
Imo000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:40 PM   #45
squid42
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
squid42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,059
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodan View Post
^names of accused are regularly released before found guilty.
IIRC the US is the only Western country doing that, no?

(to clarify, this mishap was in Canada)
squid42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McLaren 675LT Nizer 991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R 186 12-04-2016 09:34 PM
McLaren 570S GT4 MMH78 GT4 3 07-28-2016 08:55 PM
McLaren P1 GTR vs The Corkscrew Nizer Racing & Drivers Education Forum 4 04-24-2016 09:00 PM
New slideshow Pfaff Mclaren and Rennlist gtg May 9 TurboS Rennlist Canada 9 06-03-2015 11:10 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 10:24 PM.


Copyright ę 1998 - 2017 Rennlist.com
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
What's your question?
Send