Notices

Immobilizer problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 07:12 PM
p3230
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Immobilizer problem

I had a flood under the drivers seat a while back from blocked drains, I fixed the blockage took out the immobilizer under the seat sent it out for repairs dried out the interior reinstalled everything now my fob doesn't work, no lights when I open the doors, rear defogger doesn't work and the door lock in dash doesn't work unless the car is running also the flashing light on the dash doesn't work, trunk front and back only work when the key is in the on position, also the alarm does not work but the car starts. Fuses are all good and I changed the ignition switch a week and a half ago. Could it be that the immobilizer went into a sleep mode and I would have to take it to a Porsche Dealer to get it going again. I do have a Durametric Pro but it doesn't do anything for the alarm. I'm open to suggestions and if anybody knows someone in the Ottawa area that has a PST2 could you let me know if it needs reprogramming.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:51 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 407 Posts

flooded cars are usually written off by insurance as electrical issues often spring up down the road. Sorry for the bad news. How did the water get in in the first place?
What model car do you own?
BTW under the seat is the ECU. Where did you send it? what did they say about it? how much did you pay?
Old 10-20-2016, 07:58 PM
p3230
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is a 2003 Boxster S. My drains for the top got blocked and had water under drivers seat and the immobilizer got wet. I sent it out to a company in Carleton Place and he resoldered the all contacts and said it should be good to go. I know it's something electrical somewhere but am wondering if the immobilizer is still good or does it have to be replaced.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:04 PM
wc11
Race Car

Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

In electronics, if it gets wet, it gets tossed.
Nothing can fix it once it sees water. It could last a year, it could last a day.
Replacing it is the only option.

Quick Reply: Immobilizer problem