possible time to let her go

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 02:24 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 338 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Chimcu
I probably put 800KM on the car between last summer to now.. I just dont' have time anymore ... maybe in a few years yes but we are planning to have another one so chances are, I won't have that kind of time for 5+ years..

I just rather let her go than look at her everyday
I'm the opposite. Rather look at it everyday that to let it go. My 928 comes out maybe for 300km a year. 100 of that is the fall drive (had the car since '99). The 996 had the engine out for 2 years now but slowly working on it when I can and it will run again. Harder to get one after you sell it than to never sell it at all.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:25 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 338 Likes on 244 Posts

NOPE! The buyout is actually $1,450 since I leased 99% of the car value lol.. for tax benefits.. so I would transfer lease (3 months) left to the buyer and subtract the 3 months lease + buyout ($1,450 + hst) + $($250 +hst admin fee) . Pfaff is charging the admin fee and the HST is only the buyout $1450+250.. I have all the paperwork and we can call Pfaff leasing to confirm.
My head hurts! So approximately how much will this car cost to the buyer?
Old 09-20-2016, 02:30 PM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Imo000
My head hurts! So approximately how much will this car cost to the buyer?
LOL.. simple math..

$39,000 - approximately $5k = $34k to me.. rest to dealership ($5K)
Old 09-21-2016, 07:52 PM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

2007 sold .. 2002 leff
Old 09-26-2016, 09:34 PM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Rampage (Jamie) - Please take good care of her for me.. As I was driving it home from the mechanic shop, cannot help but feel sadden that I am letting her go. I actually wanted to cancel the dealership offer and keep it to myself but Rampage (rennlist) contacted me and came by tonight to look at the car; we went for a little drive and he put a deposit on the car.

She's in good hands now and this will allow me to focus on raising my son and the next baby in the next few years. Time has changed but I still got some time on Iceman (LOL).. I'll be back in a Porsche in a few years when the kids get older. I 'll be keeping an eye open for a GT3 (sshhhh dont' tell the wife).

I gave Rampage all the stock parts, x-pipes, and everything because he seems like a good guy. This ends a chapter for me in the Porsche for a little bit but I am hoping you guys don't mind me crashing the Porsche meet with my JUKE (LOL).. I wouldn't do that to you guys, I am picking up a 2017 Q7... Hopefully delivery in Oct/November; Also might consider a 2017 GLS but they are sold out for a LONGGGGGGGG time..
Old 09-27-2016, 11:08 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,112 Likes on 795 Posts

I think selling your car in order to get off the hook for those amazing BBQs is a bit extreme and wont work ..

Good Luck Kevin.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:47 PM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by theiceman
I think selling your car in order to get off the hook for those amazing BBQs is a bit extreme and wont work ..

Good Luck Kevin.
LOL.. dammit.. I guess wisdom does come with age.. LOL.. we've haven't had a bbq in a long time.. Next summer the kid should be bigger and can afford his own milk so pls come by to wash the Juke.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:34 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,112 Likes on 795 Posts

LOL.. dammit.. I guess wisdom does come with age.. LOL.. we've haven't had a bbq in a long time.. Next summer the kid should be bigger and can afford his own milk so pls come by to wash the Juke.
As long as you are providing porsche0nut with gummie bears so we can all watch.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:58 PM
Class VI
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kevin I think you got your Rennlisters mixed up - Not sure who Rampage is, but he better not touch my new car!
Looking forward to picking it up tomorrow. Once I've got it I'll do a proper reintroduction to the board after my years of lurking.
I feel like a kid on Xmas eve
Old 09-28-2016, 09:31 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Class VI
Kevin I think you got your Rennlisters mixed up - Not sure who Rampage is, but he better not touch my new car!
Looking forward to picking it up tomorrow. Once I've got it I'll do a proper reintroduction to the board after my years of lurking.
Curious, your avatar says Niagara. Where abouts?
Old 09-28-2016, 09:49 PM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

weird.. not sure where I got Rampage from..

I'll do a quick wash on the car too after they do the e-test buddy.. congrats on the car, you will love it as much as I have...

see you Saturday
Old 09-29-2016, 07:31 AM
Class VI
Advanced

Originally Posted by bronson7
Curious, your avatar says Niagara. Where abouts?
I'm in West St. Catharines. I pass a GT3 on my way to work off Vansickle, is that you?
Old 09-29-2016, 07:39 AM
Class VI
Advanced

weird.. not sure where I got Rampage from..

I'll do a quick wash on the car too after they do the e-test buddy.. congrats on the car, you will love it as much as I have...

see you Saturday
Thanks Kevin, see you then.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:09 AM
Rampage
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Congrats on the car!

I was wondering if I bought a car unbeknownst to me lol I think Chimcu replied to one of my previous threads
Old 09-29-2016, 10:28 AM
wc11
Race Car

Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

Hey Kevin it's just a car. You can always get another.
Family is always more important but that doesn't mean you shouldn't come visit now & then either.
You may just have to park across the street

Quick Reply: possible time to let her go