Notices

where to buy Hawk ceramic pad in GTA ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 10:42 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 225 Posts
Default where to buy Hawk ceramic pad in GTA ?

Per title, I appreciate if someone can tell me where can I buy Hawk ceramic brake pad for 997.1 in GTA. Did a forum search but nothing meaningful came up. TIA.

HB667Z.622-F Front
HB664Z.634-R Rear

Last edited by lowbee; 09-02-2016 at 11:35 PM. Reason: adding part # and pix
Old 09-02-2016, 11:05 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

did you try jrp? http://www.jrponline.com
Old 09-02-2016, 11:32 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shizzle
did you try jrp? http://www.jrponline.com
Jrponline has no stock....
Old 09-03-2016, 09:14 AM
REDTURBO
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try these guys....In stock according to the site. Free shipping as well...
http://www.europartsetc.com/catalog-3/vehicle/porsche
Old 09-03-2016, 12:51 PM
cstyles
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 91 Posts

I bought these exact pads a couple months ago from Pelican, they had a great price and shipped via USPS which was cheap and no taxes / duties / brokerage. They don't have these listed on their site though, you need to email them and ask for the specific Hawk part #'s.

Now onto the pads themselves: if you're buying them for reduction in dust, skip these. That's why I bought them and there is still lots of dust, and it's just as black as the OEM pads. Very disappointed in that regard. Also, the guide holes in the pad backing plates, which the shims mate up to via their little raised bumps, don't line up - so the shim doesn't sit flat against the pad. At least not for the 997 turbo. Lots of brake squeal too, even with ample anti-squeal lubricant on the pad.

I ran Hawk HPS on my old C4S. Way less brake dust than these ceramics (which seems crazy but it's true), the dust was light grey instead of black, and dry stopping power was as good as oem pads. The trade off was absolute horrible, maybe downright dangerous, reduction in initial bite / stopping power in the rain.

I will likely go to HPS pads again in the Turbo as I don't ever drive it in the rain save for road trips once a year or so.
Old 09-03-2016, 01:02 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cstyles
I bought these exact pads a couple months ago ........if you're buying them for reduction in dust, skip these.
Wow, thanks for the heads up..... I wanted these pads because people claim they reduce brake dust....now I think I will skip them and go look at TRW ceramic pads instead.... TRW is way cheaper too....

Btw, do people usually replace pads for both front and rear at the same time....or doing just front would be OK ?
Old 09-03-2016, 03:32 PM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 331 Posts

Hawk Ceramics are the worst pad I've ever put on a car...(BMW)
Old 09-03-2016, 04:27 PM
goatfarmerdave
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they are the high performance street ones they are very noisy. If it's for track duty you will always have tons of dust no matter what. Depending on mileage and wear usually just front but check the rear to be sure.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:42 PM
turbo'ed
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I used cool carbon pads this spring when it was time for new pads. Chose ceramics for the brake dust reduction and decent reviews online... Well, not worth it. Yes there's less dust, but not to the point that would make me want to sacrifice performance and silence, these suckers squeal as soon as they warm up.
Sticking to oem from now on... Good luck with whatever route you go.
Old 09-04-2016, 07:00 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 294 Likes on 168 Posts

I might be able to get some for you but won't know until next week sometime.

Are you in PCA?
Old 09-04-2016, 09:28 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
I might be able to get some for you but won't know until next week sometime.

Are you in PCA?
No, not in PCA. Thanks for the generous offer but I think I will skip the Hawk ceramic pad after reading some of the comments on this thread. I might give TRW ceramic a try or not....we will see how my new soft99 Brake Dust blocker is working out.

I got a bottle of these at a show for $20 a few weeks ago and have put it on my wheels for 2 weeks, the car also has been washed once....so far these wheel dust blocker is working great, brake dust is not sticking to the wheels....the vendor said it will last much longer than the advertised 1000km ..... we will see....

Old 09-05-2016, 06:34 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 286 Likes on 197 Posts

If you are going to use something like this I'd take the wheel off to apply it.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:27 AM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Hawk Blue for the race car, and I love them. Dust?!?! Noise?!? You bet... great stopping power.

For Hawk pads I call up Perry Performance in Montreal. Actually, for many many parts/pieces for the race car, I call up Perry. Usually get the parts the next day... and they are totally up front about delivery time, cost, taxes, and are very helpful and knowledgable when it come to recommendations.

http://www.perryautolaval.com/

I also use Braiden and CSC here in Toronto because they are helpful, friendly, honest, and good people. Perry usually has stock and ships fast.

Call Perry Auto and ask for a recommendation on pads to use... I bet you will be happy.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:46 PM
scorcherjf
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by lowbee
Per title, I appreciate if someone can tell me where can I buy Hawk ceramic brake pad for 997.1 in GTA. Did a forum search but nothing meaningful came up. TIA.

HB667Z.622-F Front
HB664Z.634-R Rear

I ended up buying these off of amazon.ca last year for around $250 cad for the front and rears. Seems they don't have stock and are much higher in price (rears) today. Not sure where you can get them now. I run them on the street and they're fine. Initial bite is a bit less, but braking performance is still similar (can still lock up the wheels just fine). They produce a bit less dust but the actual dust is more grey rather than black like the OEM pads. If you have silver wheels, it'll be barely noticeable on them. If you have black wheels, though... you'll see the dust more than the OEM pads. In the end, I'm happy with them. They seem to last quite a while, no squealing/noise, similar performance, and half the price of OEM (if you can find them). I've autocrossed with them and they're fine and probably will be okay with a few 7/10ths laps at a track occasionally.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:43 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,021 Likes on 726 Posts

I saw hawks for sale at autpartsway for my audi, but they were very expensive and I am a PBR metal masers fan. low dust and good stopping power

Akebonos are popular with the Audi crowd also but not sure about Porsche.

Quick Reply: where to buy Hawk ceramic pad in GTA ?