Notices

Anyone order a 718 yet in GTA? Any Discounts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 01:13 PM
dalrx
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got several lease quotes from different dealers without pressing for cap cost reduction. One thing I notice is some of the extra fees which pad the upfront costs to the lease. Some charge nitrogen in tires, security fees, mats, trickle chargers(???!), clear lens on lights (???!) etc. These can easily add $1000 for unnecessary waste on your pocket book. As far as any MSRP discount, I would think it would come down to several things. 1)are you a prior client of theirs or porsches? 2)how hotly sought after is this car? --if it will sit and not move, then they would be motivated 3)new car line, so you might not get anywhere until some time has passed. I see a bunch of the 718 boxsters still at the dealerships not moving so maybe might push things down? Also your ability to negotiate comes into play and your ability for indifference maybe. I have desposit on a m2 and so if I can't get deal I want on the 718 well there is that fall back, it is not my DREAM to own a 718. If the sales guy thinks he has you with the DREAM aspect, you won't get very far with any discounts.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:30 PM
SDPorschelover
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with the detailed review of the base 718 with MT. There is a ton of torque and the engine sound is suitably aggressive with no turbo whirl sound like I had in my prior BMW 435. You cannot believe the steering responsiveness - I can't stop smiling every time I drive it. And the car has zero lean around corners. This would be an awesome track car - I plan on doing that soon. BTW hard to find MT and base 718. Most dealers seem to have the S with PDK. But I was able to negotiate a discount- 8% off sticker which I was happy with. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Anyone order a 718 yet in GTA? Any Discounts?