Lowering springs install 997TT

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 06:52 AM
altesporsche
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering springs install 997TT

Hey guys,
reaching out to see if anyone has any recommendations for an Inde or dealer in the GTA to get my car in with short notice to get my lower springs on ym 997 TT installed.
my current Mechanic was afraid to do it when he couldn't get the top nut loose on the strut in fear he would destroy the wire for the dampeners. This has been a few competence issues ive had lately with him so im thinking of looking elsewhere. I hate to because they give me fantastic service and are close to me but this and a few other little things are started to bother me with the work on my car part.

ive since soaked them in penetrant lube, so I don't see an issue getting them off as the car has not been winter driven other than a handful of times.

Cheers
C.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:39 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Best place: E U Autowerks, ask for Courtney

http://www.euautowerks.com

Old 07-23-2016, 07:27 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 325 Likes on 200 Posts

I use Speedstar and would highly recommend them ... Albert and his crew have done springs + suspension work on my last 4 cars, never an issue and they have a ton of Porsche experience.
Old 07-23-2016, 11:18 PM
scorcherjf
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts

Another vote for Speedstar. Been there for shocks/springs install as well as corner balancing and track alignments (as well as other misc work). Always a good job, Frank is very meticulous and always addresses all of your concerns/requests no matter how big or small. They also do the track prep for the DFC GT3 IMSA cup car so they know their way around 997s. I can usually get booked in within a day or two.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:27 AM
JayinToronto
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure how involved Courtney still is with the shop. Everything is run by Ryan. Good guy, still a good shop. I did all my car stuff there a couple years ago (braded stainless lines, front control arms, brake fluid flushes, rotor and brakes, track inspection, etc) and never once talked to Courtney, and never saw him there at the shop.

Originally Posted by TurboS
Best place: E U Autowerks, ask for Courtney

http://www.euautowerks.com

Old 07-24-2016, 03:18 AM
altesporsche
Instructor

Thanks fellas ! ill give them a shout. Im not used to having to find mechanics lol ive always done my own work like this but condo living in Toronto doesn't allow that anymore.

Cheers !
Old 07-24-2016, 04:55 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Originally Posted by JayinToronto
Not sure how involved Courtney still is with the shop. Everything is run by Ryan. Good guy, still a good shop. I did all my car stuff there a couple years ago (braded stainless lines, front control arms, brake fluid flushes, rotor and brakes, track inspection, etc) and never once talked to Courtney, and never saw him there at the shop.
Not sure if you are aware Courtney also has a race shop just off the 401, for project cars and race car preparation and setup. He's at both locations. He's still very involved.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:58 AM
altesporsche
Instructor

TurboS your avatar, is that your car ? it looks amazing ! gt2 ?
Old 07-25-2016, 11:45 AM
mike.baa
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I've used speedstar on many occasions with happy results. Since I've moved to North York, I've been going to EuroCharged with happy results as well.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:45 AM
TurboS
Drifting

Originally Posted by altesporsche
TurboS your avatar, is that your car ? it looks amazing ! gt2 ?
Yes Sir, it is a GT2, and thanks. Originally from Champion Porsche, was a Werks 1 car.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Lowering springs install 997TT