Notices

Tesla Discount code- $1200 off a new vehicle

Old 12-01-2017, 08:28 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 232 Likes on 155 Posts

I'm afraid with onerous taxes, government debt and hugely uneconomic green regulation and infrastructure, the youth of today have a very bleak future.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:10 PM
Cosmo Kramer
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 68 Posts

My father worked for Ontario Hydro and Bruce Power in Kincardine before he retired over 10 years ago. His take on EV cars is the electrical grid will require a huge revamp, as many locales are barely hanging on right now with current consumption. Add plugging in millions of cars for a recharge and it just won't be able to handle it.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:59 PM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I think the key is for recharging to occur in the middle of the night. At that time the grid is underused and electricity is cheaper. I have a colleague with a Tesla. His timer does its recharge at 1-5 am. Seems efficient to me although I have no plans to buy one.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:05 AM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Plug-In Hybrid Porsche 911 Rumored Back On https://insideevs.com/plug-hybrid-po...-rumored-back/

Porsche is allegedly returning to the idea of creating a hybrid 911 (rendered above). Anonymous insiders with knowledge of the project confirmed its existence to Automotive News. If all goes to plan, the hybrid 911 would arrive during the iconic model’s next generation but wouldn’t be available at launch. The vehicle’s arrival isn’t certain yet because the company’s engineers are still working out how to lighten the electrified powertrain enough to maintain the model’s handling while also allowing for a 40-mile (64-kilometer) electric range.

This new info fits with previous reports about Porsche’s goals for an electrified 911. “Fully electrified sports cars would work very well for longitudinal acceleration,” Porsche R&D boss Michael Steiner told Autocar earlier this year. “But the weight disadvantage is in the handling.” The company believes that solid state batteries’ energy density advantages could be the game changer. Porsche had a 911 hybrid under development in the past but abandoned the project in 2016. August Achleitner, the model’s development boss, admitted earlier this year that the extra weight and additional production expense made the vehicle unviable for production.

The company already has hybrid variants of the Cayenne and Panamera and more electrification is on the way. The Mission E is the firm’s first full EV for the public, and there’s a $743 million investment into a new assembly plant and paint shop to build it. The money is in addition to $3.5 billion going towards developing EV tech. The next-gen 911 will likely debut in 2018. Spy photos show that the exterior design doesn’t change much, but the vehicle becomes somewhat larger. Inside, there’s now a digital instrument cluster with an analog tachometer.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:15 PM
2001Porsche911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had the car for just about 2 years and I've done close to 40,000km and knock on wood.......I haven't had a single problem with the car. I love it and would without a doubt buy one again. My father just purchased a Model X about a month ago as well

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tesla Discount code- $1200 off a new vehicle