Drifting

Received 147 Likes on 116 Posts

Any swap meets coming up?
Attached Images   
Old 05-20-2016, 10:32 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,172 Likes on 840 Posts

Hey Chris if they don't take them back i've been looking for a base for my Umbrella
Old 08-22-2016, 10:11 PM
Joe Lapin
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CCW C14 Wheels

I recently acquired a set of CCW C14 wheels.

They looked beautiful, but on closer inspection, one of the rears had cracks in the spokes.
I spoke with John at CCW, and he says the these wheels 'had cycled out', and should be replaced as a pair, though one was still good.
I agreed, and ordered the pair. Unfortunately, (sic), he had yet not received the forged blanks, so I happily purchased a set of OZ Allegerita wheels. Not forged, but well radiused edges.

As an industrial designer, I too, was astonished to see the sharp edges on the inside of the wheel. I mentioned this to John, who replied that they had not programmed the CNC mill to radius these inner edges.

Frankly, it seems like a potentially fragile element. He countered that they now 'shot peen' their wheels, and thus enhance the strength and reliability.

I have recently shot peened the fronts, and the one good wheel, had them chemically cleaned, and sprayed with clear coat. They are truly magnificent!

I will offer them for sale shortly.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:40 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 340 Likes on 245 Posts

Stupid crap like this never happens to OE rims and therefore, should not be acceptable to aftermarket ones either. "Cycled out" is an invented term to make their product sound like it has some sort of a legitimate shelf life. What happened here was that they released a product without proper lang term testing.

Quick Reply: CCW Failure