Notices

o/t Germany nails the Gumbail rally

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 11:57 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by george44
Hello guys, did I get this right, everybody is suddenly law abiding and not exceeding 40/50/60 kms/hr as the limitations may be (early 1900 there was a law in Britain where a pedestrian had to walk in front of any car bearing a red flag to warn a car is coming, shall we go back to this?) and 100 kms/hr on the highway? maybe Rennlist Canada should be renamed Buicklist Canada? yes, there is excess in the Gumball and that is to be expected, I am not to judge the guys with lots of money. But at least they put the money into buying high performance cars which at the end of the day benefit everyone who buys a high end sport car. And that includes you guys ranting against the Gumball. Gumball is the brainchild of Maximillion Coooper and I can't thank enough God or the devil there are still non-conformists and eccentrics that make life worth living. And now go ahead and attack me for daring to criticize the virtuous law abiding never to exceed the speed limits,

George
Surely you acknowledge the difference between enjoying your car on public roads and an illegal road race running ramshod across countries?
Old 05-08-2016, 12:09 AM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 701 Likes on 343 Posts

Hello guys, did I get this right, everybody is suddenly law abiding and not exceeding 40/50/60 kms/hr as the limitations may be (early 1900 there was a law in Britain where a pedestrian had to walk in front of any car bearing a red flag to warn a car is coming, shall we go back to this?) and 100 kms/hr on the highway? maybe Rennlist Canada should be renamed Buicklist Canada? yes, there is excess in the Gumball and that is to be expected, I am not to judge the guys with lots of money. But at least they put the money into buying high performance cars which at the end of the day benefit everyone who buys a high end sport car. And that includes you guys ranting against the Gumball. Gumball is the brainchild of Maximillion Coooper and I can't thank enough God or the devil there are still non-conformists and eccentrics that make life worth living. And now go ahead and attack me for daring to criticize the virtuous law abiding never to exceed the speed limits,

George
If I want to see fat, middle aged losers driving their Italian exotics like a-holes, then I can just sit on the big rock in Yorkville, eating ice cream with my kids on a Saturday afternoon.
Old 05-08-2016, 12:19 AM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

When you are on said rock have you noticed any fat middle(late) aged loosers driving a grey 991? Because that was me waving at you.
Old 05-08-2016, 02:49 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

George
The trouble is not the excess of money or cool cars, it is the posers that think this is some form of organized motorsport which is an insult to motorsport.

It is a socialite party parade.
Im sure not everybody is a douche bag, but for the most part it is pretty lame.

I would like to think the party is awesome however.
Old 05-08-2016, 03:06 AM
CarlEightySix
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ronan
Remember those lovely unrestricted runs on the autobahn?....

Well, the Germans do not take kindly to the self-indulgent Gumball rally participants tearing along on their autobahns, so they provided them with a special Gumbail-only set of restrictions
with a Germany-wide 130 km/h limit...

They can cruise along casually and watch the diesel A Class Mercedes blast past at speed..........

Do you know that document was for last year Gumball? It says 2015 Gumball on top
Old 05-08-2016, 10:53 AM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

. Gumball is the brainchild of Maximillion Coooper and I can't thank enough God or the devil there are still non-conformists and eccentrics that make life worth living. And now go ahead and attack me for daring to criticize the virtuous law abiding never to exceed the speed limits,

George
Your idea of nonconformist is people who gather in one spot with hundreds of other people, while hundreds more public and media crowd around and take their picture with their cars all stickered up in the same way who are then handed a map and take highway trips into towns... Where they are again on display for the public and media???
That is so conformist it should be the description in the dictionary .
Doing things differently and not where everyone is waiting for you to show up is non conformists not going on fake road race rally's thinking you are a pro driver.
The original cannonball run by Brock Yates was outlaw these "Rallies" now are just for attention seeking insecure douches who have no idea where the good roads or good restaurants are and need someone to tell them where to drive.
Fack cars and coffee, rallies and other BS meet ups and drives. Cars have become about standing around or getting attention instead of driving for the most part and its pathetic. Take the time to find good roads and food out of the way not where everyone will tongue your ***** and kiss your a$$ when you park
Old 05-08-2016, 10:57 AM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by Bacura
When you are on said rock have you noticed any fat middle(late) aged loosers driving a grey 991? Because that was me waving at you.
I would have thought you're way too busy passing up 911R and RS allocations to drive anywhere
Old 05-08-2016, 11:22 AM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 304 Likes on 203 Posts

Soooo, I guess no ones going to the Yorkville Exotic Car Show this year? If I make it back into town in time I look forward to doing a bit of posing with the Phils, Arnaud, Ronan, Steve, Terry and the rest of the usual suspects. I love partying or hanging about with or without my cars and um, driving shoes.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:23 AM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by ronnie993tt
Soooo, I guess no one will be doing any Saturn fun runs?
Nope
Old 05-08-2016, 11:24 AM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by ronnie993tt
Soooo, I guess no ones going to the Yorkville Exotic Car Show this year? If I make it back into town in time I look forward to doing a bit of posing with the Phils, Arnaud, Ronan, Steve, Terry and the rest of the usual suspects. I love partying or hanging about with or without my cars and um, driving shoes.
Fack nope
Old 05-08-2016, 12:13 PM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Correct Ronnie. That Yorkville show is such a waste and just for posers. ONLY 90,000 attended the last one. Families with their kids loving the cars plus raising money for prostate cancer research. We are such posers don't you think? Come to think of it I heard 92% of males who dis the show don't even have prostates.

Last edited by Bacura; 05-08-2016 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-08-2016, 12:17 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Correct Ronnie. That Yorkville show is such a waste and just for posers. ONLY 90,000 attended the last one. Families with their kids loving the cars plus raising money for prostate cancer research. We are such posers don't you think? Come to think of it I heard 92% of males who dis the show don't even have prostrates.
Prostrates?
Old 05-08-2016, 01:19 PM
fanny bay r1
Burning Brakes

Correct Ronnie. That Yorkville show is such a waste and just for posers. ONLY 90,000 attended the last one. Families with their kids loving the cars plus raising money for prostate cancer research. We are such posers don't you think? Come to think of it I heard 92% of males who dis the show don't even have prostates.
Think of the kids!! Sorry couldn't help it!!
Old 05-08-2016, 01:36 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 304 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by fanny bay r1
Think of the kids!! Sorry couldn't help it!!
Do kids have prostrates?
Old 05-08-2016, 01:40 PM
fanny bay r1
Burning Brakes

Lighten up guys the thread was about the silly gumball rally not about promoting respective charity events!!

Quick Reply: o/t Germany nails the Gumbail rally