How To Beat A DUI Charge

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 02:05 AM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How To Beat A DUI Charge

http://findlaw.ca/blog/legal-life/dr...utm_medium=cpc

Edit: Emoticons removed. Gave people the wrong impression.

Last edited by StanThePorscheFan; 02-27-2016 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:43 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Hehe... it's not really funny but it is. A guy I knew growing up (small town) got in a car accident (minor) after drinking... when the cops showed up (again, small town) they said to the guy "so you had this liquor in the car and after the accident decided you'd take a drink to calm yourself down?" .... "yes officer, that's what happened"....
Old 02-26-2016, 04:02 AM
myronmessinger
2nd Gear

Get a good DUI defense attorney. Like for us here in Phoenix, we have always trusted the Arizona DUI Team because they have a great track record of handling DUI charges.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:10 AM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Received 352 Likes on 255 Posts

They should have crushed the glass bottle and made him drink that...and what he couldn't choke down feed to his lawyers.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:28 AM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

That is harsh. You are innocent until proven guilty. He deserves a fair trial. After he is found guilt then make him eat the crushed bottle.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:07 PM
Xela
Track Day

Is this serious?? We are debating how to beat DUI?? If anybody drinks and drives should go to jail!!!! And loose the driver's license for good.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:19 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 338 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Xela
Is this serious?? We are debating how to beat DUI?? If anybody drinks and drives should go to jail!!!! And loose the driver's license for good.
Ahhh you are alive after all. Thought you dropped dead after the last PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 11:05 AM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by myronmessinger
Get a good DUI defense attorney. Like for us here in Phoenix, we have always trusted the Arizona DUI Team because they have a great track record of handling DUI charges.
Thanks for the advice. But thats not me in that story. I have stopped drinking and driving since I was in my early 20s. Long time ago.

Originally Posted by JTT
They should have crushed the glass bottle and made him drink that...and what he couldn't choke down feed to his lawyers.
Agree.

Originally Posted by Bacura
That is harsh. You are innocent until proven guilty. He deserves a fair trial. After he is found guilt then make him eat the crushed bottle.
Ok. That works too.

Originally Posted by Xela
Yes this is serious. No, we are not debating how to beat a DUI. That $h!t kills people.

Pay attention everyone, the article is written on a law site. It outlines how ridiculous our law system is that someone with a record of bad behaviour can, under the right circumstances, beat the DUI charge. And how, by drinking more at the wheel. I find that part somewhat amusing. And like Porschenut said, its not the first time someone uses this method to beat the system. However, the loophole is still there. And every now and then we read another one of these stories in the media. Now that is something worth discussing, no?
I can see how the thread title and the emoticons made everyone think I was posting this as a useful tip though.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:30 PM
Donster
Pro

It's not funny. When I worked as an ER doc I saw numerous people killed or maimed by drunk drivers.

Here in B.C. we had an RCMP officer who successfully used a version of the "bolus defense" after killing a motorcyclist while driving drunk. He eventually got an Obstruction of Justice conviction and dismissed from the RCMP but there's no question he beat the DUI charge by leaving the scene and drinking vodka.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/jai...826/story.html

He also happens to be one of the cops who tasered the Polish guy to death in the Vancouver airport a few years ago, then lied about it under oath.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:38 PM
breakfast
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like a harper supporter.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:45 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 338 Likes on 244 Posts

Reminds me of a conversation I had with an insurance agent. They all know that if they get into a Collission to say "I had to sneeze" as that being an uncontrollable medical condition cam get them out of getting charged in many cases. Those that work in the system, know how to work the loopholes. In the DUI case, it would be the alcoholics and those that deal with them (police and lawyers) that know the loopholes and often use it.
Old 03-01-2016, 05:04 PM
Donster
Pro

Originally Posted by breakfast
sounds like a harper supporter.

Unlikely. He's clearly native, and therefore probably doesn't vote Conservative.

However, since you brought up politics, it does raise the question of whether or not he was accepted into the RCMP in order to meet a racial hiring quota.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1380277/
Old 03-01-2016, 05:08 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Many people have high tolerances for alcohol which doesn't effect or impair their driving when compared to the lowest completely sober common denominators. This whole drinking and driving thing is complete bs and propagandized over the few bad apples that actually were impaired. The whole system is unjust as everyone has different levels and tolerances and should not be all judged by some ridiculous claim based of some persons level who has never had a drink before.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:48 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jumper5836
Many people have high tolerances for alcohol which doesn't effect or impair their driving when compared to the lowest completely sober common denominators...
This. For me personally, its not drinking and driving unless I had more than two drinks on an empty stomach. But I am Russian, so I know that my blood alcohol level will show before I start feeling anything. So, I just limit myself or bring-a-driver or take a cab. I just dont think there is any other way to approach DUI, but the blood alcohol level measurement.

Quick Reply: How To Beat A DUI Charge