Notices

Anyone have an Alfa 4C?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 08:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LastMezger
I think you have the right attitude for this car. Haven't spoken to anyone who's tested one and loved it but everyone has to agree it looks just amazing!

Thanks, I think this Chris Harris video sums it up well

Old 02-17-2016, 09:03 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by 1965356
Thanks, I think this Chris Harris video sums it up well

CHRIS HARRIS ON CARS - Alfa 4C v Porsche Cayman S - YouTube
And you can hardly argue with the geek-out factor of a carbon tub in a $70K car!

I can certainly understand what he's saying about skipping the sport suspension.I've never understood why some people are ga ga for rock hard suspensions on road cars. Well tuned suppleness can be lovely (a la Audi R8).
Old 02-17-2016, 09:07 PM
Banned

And you can hardly argue with the geek-out factor of a carbon tub in a $70K car! I can certainly understand what he's saying about skipping the sport suspension.I've never understood why some people are ga ga for rock hard suspensions on road cars. Well tuned suppleness can be lovely (a la Audi R8).
Fo sheezy
Old 02-18-2016, 12:48 AM
Dinicod
Racer

I think it's sweet. Pics do not do it justice. The way I see it, if you want more comfort and reliability get the Porsche, but if you want something different, raw or edgy, get the Alfa. It's certainly not for everyone. Me, I'll take mine in Corso Red.
And 0-60 in 4.1 seconds doesn't sound under powered to me? It's got some get up and go, although I get it that not everyone is into a 4 cyl turbo.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:56 AM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 331 Posts

+1
Suspension is a fine-art, 'stiff' suspension doesn't guarantee fast or efficient...

And you can hardly argue with the geek-out factor of a carbon tub in a $70K car!

I can certainly understand what he's saying about skipping the sport suspension.I've never understood why some people are ga ga for rock hard suspensions on road cars. Well tuned suppleness can be lovely (a la Audi R8).
I haven't heard great reviews about the 4C, but it has the unique factor and might be suffering from journalist-syndrome...
The fact it has manual steering is winning in my book...

Weird how cars have effect on us, and others not...
I really don't like the general Porsche direction with 991 and on, and think the new Miata is the right idea...but at the same time love the new BMW 7...lol
Also interested in the 991.2TT, 991.2 trim updates and easy 'fast'...
Old 02-18-2016, 01:11 PM
PPo
Drifting

Originally Posted by 1965356
Thanks!
I love all kinds of cars and trucks....I gotta ask though....how fat are you? Shamu or Chris Farley? And nude pics will be accepted
LOL!! More like Chris Farley less like Shamu. I like to call myself the template for the largest you can possibly be and still fit in a coach seat on an airplane. I still need to snug up the belt a bit, but I fill everything else out... I have been on a plane 7 times this year already, so I should know.

I love trucks, drag racers, jeeps, rock crawlers and everything else... I took my family (3 kids and wife) to the Saturday night circle track races in Clearwater Florida. Loved the Sprint/Outlaw cars, and the Dwarf car racers (1000cc bike engine in a 1/2 scale midget). It was awesome!

I have a line: "Hanging out with strippers is like eating chips in church. Everybody looks at you with disgust, but deep down you know they are jealous."

I see the 4C like drinking and partying with strippers. It's expensive, it will eventually hurt, has no good reason, but sooo much fun. If you are a man, you can do it and not have to apologize to anyone.

Get the 4C, I will bring the strippers and the Pappy Van Winkle for the purchase celebration!
Old 02-18-2016, 01:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PPo
LOL!! More like Chris Farley less like Shamu. I like to call myself the template for the largest you can possibly be and still fit in a coach seat on an airplane. I still need to snug up the belt a bit, but I fill everything else out... I have been on a plane 7 times this year already, so I should know. I love trucks, drag racers, jeeps, rock crawlers and everything else... I took my family (3 kids and wife) to the Saturday night circle track races in Clearwater Florida. Loved the Sprint/Outlaw cars, and the Dwarf car racers (1000cc bike engine in a 1/2 scale midget). It was awesome! I have a line: "Hanging out with strippers is like eating chips in church. Everybody looks at you with disgust, but deep down you know they are jealous." I see the 4C like drinking and partying with strippers. It's expensive, it will eventually hurt, has no good reason, but sooo much fun. If you are a man, you can do it and not have to apologize to anyone. Get the 4C, I will bring the strippers and the Pappy Van Winkle for the purchase celebration!
Sounds good

Quick Reply: Anyone have an Alfa 4C?