Notices

Chump around! (Drivers wanted)

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 06:10 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chump around! (Drivers wanted)

So you want to race? Great... here is your opportunity.

We are looking for 2-3 (maybe more) "arrive and drive" drivers to campaign either a full season or a number of races in the Chump Car Canada series. We will be driving a well preapred 924S. The 2 current team members will own, prepare, drive, and provide the car and all equipment necessary to campaign the Ontario races of the 2016 ChumpCar Canada series.

ChumpCar Canada -> http://chumpcarcanada.com/

Schedule (see the bottom for the Canadian schedule) -> http://chumpcarcanada.com/downloads/...arSchedule.pdf

Criteria:
1) Track experience - 2-3 years (or more) of lapping and/or racing is preferred. You don't have to be fast, just mature. All levels will be considered, however, if you have never driven on a racetrack, you have a big learning curve ahead of you. Attitude trumps all.

2) Money - It will cost you $2K-$4K per race weekend, all in. We are not looking to make money, just cover costs. If you think car racing can be done with a smaller budget, if you count your change, if you need a calculator when you go out for drinks/dinner with your friends, you are probably not what we are looking for...

3) Driver Safety gear - Bring you OWN driving gear. If you don't have any yet, we can tell you what to buy. Your driving suit, shoes, gloves, etc. will cost you $2K - $5K. We do not have spares, we will not share, don't ask.

3) Attitude - Race to bring the car home in one piece, let the a$$hat pass because it's endurance racing, help out, be a team member, no drugs/alcohol at the track, claim responsibility and smile if you fart and it smells.

4) Commitment - If you join, you will not back out 1-3 weeks before the race. It takes time, effort, and money to put the team together. If you ruin it for the team without a legitimate reason, we will most likely kidnap you and force you to drive and pay. We are doing this because we love racing, don't be that guy that ruins it...

I would be happy to tell you more and answer questions over the phone.

If you are interested in learning more and discussing in further detail, please PM me. Please include a very brief description of your track/driving experience, what driving equipment you currently have (if any), some indication that will allow us to judge your financial well being, and a brief description of who you are and why you love racing.

I will respond to all inquires by Nov 20. I will not respond to any PMs over this weekend.

Despite the tone... we are certainly friendly, generous, and just want to have a great time racing next year.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Old 11-16-2015, 12:49 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chump bump... any interest?? PM me, we can discuss...
Old 11-16-2015, 05:36 PM
Sir5n
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM Sent.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:34 PM
Gear Rower
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Chump Car Racing

PM sent

Quick Reply: Chump around! (Drivers wanted)