Notices

Canada's reputation

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 09:46 AM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 700 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by Donster
I think you need to give your own head a shake if you think mass Muslim immigration is not a threat to western freedoms. I've travelled in Muslim countries, I've read the Koran. Believers are commanded to kill non-believers. Men are entitled to four wives. Separation of church and state is not permissible. Slavery is sanctioned. Adultery, homosexuality, and apostacy are punishable by death. Read it yourself if you don't believe me, but I think these facts are common knowledge.
Western society has advanced rapidly largely because we shook off religious governance following the Renaissance and replaced it with democracy and evidence-based thinking. Unlike Christianity, Islam doesn't just presume to inform man regarding God and morality, it instructs its adherents how to govern themselves. And unlike Christianity, Islam has never undergone anything resembling the Reformation.
As an example, just look at Turkey. Once the Muslim world's sole democracy, the election of an Islamic party has led to sharply curtailed freedoms, political purges and a slow transformation toward a one (Islamic) party state.
Maybe you think it's a great idea to welcome hundreds of thousands of adherents to a system of medieval superstitions and laws laid down 1400 years ago by an illiterate pederast, but I don't.
yup.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:49 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,170 Likes on 838 Posts

I have read a bunch of Rhetoric fly both ways on this thread , and lets face it , this is what politics is all about. I don't pretend to understand all the issues as many Canadians don't , so I render it as simply as I can.

Who in the end of the day is going to put more money in my pocket so I can pay my bills.
Without a doubt for me it is the conservatives ...

running deficits is like taking money out of your wallet and flushing it down the toilet as you just add to the growing debt interest, everyone promises it will create future growth knowing they don't have to prove it as it has not yet happened, the money being paid in interest is happening and is very real.

Admittedly Harper is a lying clown and although I doubt a Prime minister has ever stepped down while in office for the sake of his party has ever happened, if he had , the Conservatives would be slam dunking this .

The Liberals in Ontario with the millions spent in the moving power plant Scandal , the Billions spend in Green Energy when we have to give away our Generated Nuclear power to the Americans, is all just too much.

Those of you who vote Liberal may disagree with me and I fully expect you to , but just keep this in mind when opening your Wallet happily to pay for your HOT Lanes in Toronto as they have wasted all your money and need more.

On Top of that the Federal leader gives speeches right out of Drama school , well coached in his voice intonations and gestures , I mean seriously , who talks like that ..

The Liberals will win , the conservatives will elect a new leader and we will be voting again soon ,

carry on ...
Old 10-19-2015, 10:29 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Donster
I think you need to give your own head a shake if you think mass Muslim immigration is not a threat to western freedoms. I've travelled in Muslim countries, I've read the Koran. Believers are commanded to kill non-believers. Men are entitled to four wives. Separation of church and state is not permissible. Slavery is sanctioned. Adultery, homosexuality, and apostacy are punishable by death. Read it yourself if you don't believe me, but I think these facts are common knowledge.
Western society has advanced rapidly largely because we shook off religious governance following the Renaissance and replaced it with democracy and evidence-based thinking. Unlike Christianity, Islam doesn't just presume to inform man regarding God and morality, it instructs its adherents how to govern themselves. And unlike Christianity, Islam has never undergone anything resembling the Reformation.
As an example, just look at Turkey. Once the Muslim world's sole democracy, the election of an Islamic party has led to sharply curtailed freedoms, political purges and a slow transformation toward a one (Islamic) party state.
Maybe you think it's a great idea to welcome hundreds of thousands of adherents to a system of medieval superstitions and laws laid down 1400 years ago by an illiterate pederast, but I don't.
My Friend,my friend, Islam is the religion of peace ...now try the shawarma and as always, death to America.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:43 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
I have read a bunch of Rhetoric fly both ways on this thread , and lets face it , this is what politics is all about. I don't pretend to understand all the issues as many Canadians don't , so I render it as simply as I can.

Who in the end of the day is going to put more money in my pocket so I can pay my bills.

running deficits is like taking money out of your wallet and flushing it down the toilet as you just add to the growing debt interest, everyone promises it will create future growth knowing they don't have to prove it as it has not yet happened, the money being paid in interest is happening and is very real.

Admittedly Harper is a lying clown and although I doubt a Prime minister has ever stepped down while in office for the sake of his party has ever happened, if he had , the Conservatives would be slam dunking this .

The Liberals in Ontario with the millions spent in the moving power plant Scandal , the Billions spend in Green Energy when we have to give away our Generated Nuclear power to the Americans, is all just too much.

Those of you who vote Liberal may disagree with me and I fully expect you to , but just keep this in mind when opening your Wallet happily to pay for your HOT Lanes in Toronto as they have wasted all your money and need more.

On Top of that the Federal leader gives speeches right out of Drama school , well coached in his voice intonations and gestures , I mean seriously , who talks like that ..

The Liberals will win , the conservatives will elect a new leader and we will be voting again soon ,

carry on ...
I hope not
Old 10-19-2015, 11:48 AM
breakfast
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Donster
dont be such a bigot.
You clearly are confused.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:51 AM
breakfast
Pro

Originally Posted by theiceman

running deficits is like taking money out of your wallet and flushing it down the toilet as you just add to the growing debt interest,
harper has run deficits though...
Old 10-19-2015, 12:21 PM
breakfast
Pro

lol
Old 10-19-2015, 01:18 PM
Donster
Pro

Originally Posted by breakfast
dont be such a bigot.
You clearly are confused.
Please explain which of the facts in my post is either bigoted, confused, or both.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:00 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Canadian Election (HBO) - ……….Hilarious
Old 10-19-2015, 09:36 PM
beetleything
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That was brilliant and i like the message
Old 10-19-2015, 09:45 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 141 Posts

Just got back from my voting station. Lots of people wearing costumes and masks... I was in and out in under 5 mins.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:48 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gregster
Just got back from my voting station. Lots of people wearing costumes and masks... I was in and out in under 5 mins.
Just pretend its always Halloween.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:01 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 141 Posts

What a bloodbath
Old 10-19-2015, 11:21 PM
breakfast
Pro

Non selfish vote.

Getting shellac'd.