Notices

Mosport Grand Prix Track - Spot available for UCR DE event on 19-20, September

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 10:30 AM
Lemikson
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Mosport Grand Prix Track - Spot available for UCR DE event on 19-20, September

Anyone interested in picking up my spot for the PCA UCR DE event on the September 19th – 20th weekend at the Mosport Grand Prix Track?

My car is not going to be ready so my spot could be yours

Please let me know if interested and we can work out the details. I have received confirmation from the UCR Registrar they will support spot swap as long as it is taken by a PCA UCR member showing up with a tach’d car.

I have paid $350 for the two day event and would like to recoup the whole cost. Open to reasonable offers.

Best regards,
Mile
Old 09-11-2015, 10:41 AM
Jonathon Rolstin
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wish I thought of this for the October DE. I got screwed for that one. No sympathy from our lovely track team. Makes me really love this club.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:37 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathon Rolstin
Wish I thought of this for the October DE. I got screwed for that one. No sympathy from our lovely track team. Makes me really love this club.
Wait a second... is there some sarcasm in that statement?

1435 years ago, I tried to lobby for an amendment that would allow for some sort of consideration that would provide mercy for mechanical and/or preparation and/or compassionate uncontrollable events such that the fee (or partial fee) can be carried over to another event.

I am no longer a member...

I enjoy track days...
Old 09-11-2015, 01:41 PM
Jonathon Rolstin
Burning Brakes

lol
Old 09-11-2015, 02:18 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 287 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathon Rolstin
I noticed your name on the work assignment sheet and you didn't show.

Guess you can do 2 1/2 days of assignment at the next event.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:59 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 488 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo
Wait a second... is there some sarcasm in that statement?

1435 years ago, I tried to lobby for an amendment that would allow for some sort of consideration that would provide mercy for mechanical and/or preparation and/or compassionate uncontrollable events such that the fee (or partial fee) can be carried over to another event.

I am no longer a member...

I enjoy track days...
are you aware of any other organizations that would allow you to cancel one week in advance? they usually do the same thing and allow you to sell your spot.
I watch the weather and could see half of the participants claim car not ready for those weekends that are predicted to rain.
In order to cover costs, although I prefer otherwise, their policy maykes sense to me. They have to cover costs and the administrators are volunteers who would end up doing lots of work to shuffle around cancellations etc.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:54 PM
Lemikson
Rennlist Member

Anybody interested?
Let me know - bring your offer.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:46 PM
Sir5n
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There should be a waiting list to fill vacancies. If that's not the case then you have to wonder why...
Old 09-15-2015, 11:13 AM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
are you aware of any other organizations that would allow you to cancel one week in advance? they usually do the same thing and allow you to sell your spot.
I watch the weather and could see half of the participants claim car not ready for those weekends that are predicted to rain.
In order to cover costs, although I prefer otherwise, their policy maykes sense to me. They have to cover costs and the administrators are volunteers who would end up doing lots of work to shuffle around cancellations etc.
Yes, I am aware of organizations that allow you to cancel one week in advance! They carry over your payment to a future track day within 12 months. Proof of exploding parts, parts orders, and/or repair receipts are generally required. Yes, friends do get special treatment, but better this way than just losing all your money.

The real reason the group in question does not do this is that the track registrar typically thinks the process is too difficult to manage... so you lose the money because volunteers cannot be bothered to apply different rules and police them.

I have no idea why I feel my opinion should be heard... I wish I could shut my mouth and ignore the thread!!
Old 09-15-2015, 01:58 PM
Lemikson
Rennlist Member

Thanks all of you for making comments on my post. I really find it interesting that that most of you guys feel some sort of discomfort in regards to dealings with the UCR.

I don't know what to say - i guess I am too fresh of a member and fairly new to performance driving scene - even though all my life I lived half a step away from a very serious car racing but up to recently was mostly talk only.
To PPo's comment, my car unfortunately fits into category "exploded" as of last Wednesday. Tried to see the wait listed situation with UCR Registrar and they said there was none. Posted the same note on the PCA UCR Forums - General Section. One gentleman responded back showing interest, still haven't heard back from him. But, a person high from the UCR responded back with a note that I do find a bit "unfriendly"... I will not call out the names - for those of you interested you can check it out there...

All I am trying to do is to find a way and eventually save some 300 bucks that will be very needed as we speak. Not sure if UCR us really doing their best to deal with justified "short notice" cancellations....
Again, I don't know...
Old 09-15-2015, 02:21 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 287 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Lemikson
Thanks all of you for making comments on my post. I really find it interesting that that most of you guys feel some sort of discomfort in regards to dealings with the UCR.
Most of you guys? looks like very few to me.

As an active volunteer of our club, yes our club, I need to speak up here.

No matter how hard we try, there will be a small amount of people that will not be satisfied for one reason or another. Rules have been set in place and we need to stick with them. Could we make changes for people because of whatever reasons they have? Sure. Could you imagine the flood gates then.

Danny ^^ made some great points.

With the amount of time and expense that the volunteers put in it is still a thankless job sometimes. Ever notice how many organizers and instructors don't even drive? We get charged if we have car problems as well.

The track time is subsidized for our club members.

Come on out and help your club.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:36 PM
Jonathon Rolstin
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
I noticed your name on the work assignment sheet and you didn't show.

Guess you can do 2 1/2 days of assignment at the next event.
Screw off.!! lol
Old 09-15-2015, 02:37 PM
Jonathon Rolstin
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PPo
Yes, I am aware of organizations that allow you to cancel one week in advance! They carry over your payment to a future track day within 12 months. Proof of exploding parts, parts orders, and/or repair receipts are generally required. Yes, friends do get special treatment, but better this way than just losing all your money.

The real reason the group in question does not do this is that the track registrar typically thinks the process is too difficult to manage... so you lose the money because volunteers cannot be bothered to apply different rules and police them.

I have no idea why I feel my opinion should be heard... I wish I could shut my mouth and ignore the thread!!
+10000000000000000000000
Old 09-15-2015, 02:46 PM
Jonathon Rolstin
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
Most of you guys? looks like very few to me.

As an active volunteer of our club, yes our club, I need to speak up here.

No matter how hard we try, there will be a small amount of people that will not be satisfied for one reason or another. Rules have been set in place and we need to stick with them. Could we make changes for people because of whatever reasons they have? Sure. Could you imagine the flood gates then.

Danny ^^ made some great points.

With the amount of time and expense that the volunteers put in it is still a thankless job sometimes. Ever notice how many organizers and instructors don't even drive? We get charged if we have car problems as well.

The track time is subsidized for our club members.

Come on out and help your club.
I would also like to point out that even though I am frustrated at this one occurrence and I believe it should be handled differently, I will still remain a member of the club and continue to attend the events, because in all honesty they are the most bang for the buck if you are a learning driver and the crowd at the track is very friendly. The instructors are awesome, (although some of them don't know the real line around the track... and the line they teach you is wrong... but you can find out from a real racer why).

Great environment, but honestly, I don't care what anyone says, the club is essentially a business, and in business you have to have good customer service, and good customer service is giving someone their money back if the circumstances are unfair to the customer. At the end of the day, you end up with pissed off customers who will leave the club and you will have lost revenue.

I usually rant and rave over how nice our community is, but I will second the OP's comment of noticing some negative and unfriendly communication from "someone high up" and I'm sure it was the same person. That kind of crap shouldn't happen, and there is no excuse for that, whether you have rules or not, you just don't treat people that way.

My .02...... peace
Old 09-15-2015, 03:03 PM
Lemikson
Rennlist Member

Ttl respondents before I replayed to PPo’s note = 5
Number of respondents that would fit into “concerned” category from within this thread = 3
Number of all other respondents = 2
3 > 2 – very simple and no need for anyone to use Ctrl U to make a point.

So, all of this makes most of the respondents to this thread be exactly the way I described them = > most of those who responded to this thread, NOT the most of UCR members in general.

To your points 911 Rod, I have a very high opinion of the club and especially of the work put in by all the volunteers and instructors. I can easily see getting myself into more involvement than just putting the hours behind work assignments. But, please don’t preach me what and where to do, and especially don’t tell me why I should be doing it. From a customer service perspective you will be doing your club a favor.

Quick Reply: Mosport Grand Prix Track - Spot available for UCR DE event on 19-20, September