Notices

Hello from Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 11:27 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Hello from Vancouver

The move from TO to West Vancouver is behind me and TFX unloaded my car without issue, which is the best way to unload it!

Anyone know a good Vancouver Indy? I'd like to have a few things done/checked out that I ran out of time to do in Toronto.

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 08-07-2015, 11:51 PM
TJ993
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

I Would like to think "Mike J" in Van can help u ?
I spend most of my time on the 993 Board But suggest PM him
TJ
Old 08-09-2015, 12:05 AM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As you're in West Van, the best bet is likely SCAN, based on my limited experience. They're in North Van, but are much closer for you than Weissach (also, likely a little cheaper). Also, welcome!

I'm in Australia at present, or I would come and extend that welcome personally. I live in Kitsilano.
Old 08-09-2015, 03:11 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

what type of Porsche do you have?
Old 08-10-2015, 05:25 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I also live on the North Shore and use SCAN for my 996 TT and have used them for about 10+ years. Totally thrilled with their knowledge and quality of work.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:26 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Thanks so much all!

Sounds like SCAN is the way to go for my 996TT.

I ran into a great gentleman with a 991C4S at the gas station the other day and Ive been invited to a biweekly Sat AM get together - meet at Caulfeild plaza and drive to Squamish for b'fast.

Sounds like a plan - in the meantime I will check out SCAN. THANKS!

Shoot me a PM John if you want another North Shore 996TT friend. Im flying blind out here! Watch for a gray/black coupe being driven by someone from Toronto. Easy to spot!
Old 08-11-2015, 01:19 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by BioBanker
Thanks so much all!

I ran into a great gentleman with a 991C4S at the gas station the other day and Ive been invited to a biweekly Sat AM get together - meet at Caulfeild plaza and drive to Squamish for b'fast.

Shoot me a PM John if you want another North Shore 996TT friend. Im flying blind out here! Watch for a gray/black coupe being driven by someone from Toronto. Easy to spot!
James at Scan is great.

If you ever find yourself on the other side of the bridge in downtown vancouver and in need of assistance, MB Euromotors is good too.

will keep an eye out for ya on the road!
Old 08-11-2015, 02:38 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

On the way home last night, those of you watching for me on the road would have been best to look on the shoulder of the upper highway for the Turbo with the 4 way flashers on!

Merged onto the highway with a PSSSTTTT sound of boost dumping when it shouldnt have dumped. Then a loss of power. Then an engine stall at 100kph. I figured it was a boost leak so I grinded that car home under lurching and stalls and general mayhem through the residential streets of West Van and Marine drive.

The hose between the passenger turbo and the IC blew off at the turbo end. A quick trip to get a new clamp and some elbow grease fixed the car up just fine.

The car is going to James shortly for some small stuff and the provincial inspection.
Old 08-15-2015, 12:18 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BioBanker
Thanks so much all!

The next of the Saturday morning drives (these are an event held by Canada West Region of Porsche Club of America) is next Saturday, the 22nd. Registration is from 5:45 to 6:15am with driver meeting at 6:15 and then 6:30 am departure up 99. Returns to breakfast at 8am at the Tomahawk restaurant in North Vancouver. Admission for the Tour is a $10 donation to the Shriner's Children's Hospital fund. Check out our website (PCA-CWR.org) for other events as we generally have 2 to 3 events each month.

If you see a white/red trim Macan Turbo and/or Audi S5 coupe those are mine also (as well as the Arctic Silver 996 TT Cab and of course the 991S X51 Cab.) If you'd like more info on our PCA region and events you can email me at "john.macfarlane@telus.net" and give me your phone number and we can catch up for coffee or beer or ?
Old 08-15-2015, 10:03 PM
mattie_k
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Hello from Vancouver

If you ever find yourself heading to the Whistler area (my stomping ground) shoot me a PM!
Old 08-16-2015, 01:26 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Originally Posted by mattie_k
If you ever find yourself heading to the Whistler area (my stomping ground) shoot me a PM!
Thanks again all

I'm in the seal gray 996TT with black wheels, GT2 wing and intakes.
Old 08-16-2015, 03:01 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

If you're looking for a drive go up to Whistler on Saturday the 29th and you'll find a display of around 90+ Porsche's in the upper town centre as that's the "show" day for the Canada West PCA Whistler weekend event. Check out the event on "www.pca-cwr.org" our Region has an annual weekend event and this year is the 25th at Whistler.

Quick Reply: Hello from Vancouver