Notices

Aston Martin Rental

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 09:47 PM
Scotty2H
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Aston Martin Rental

My fathers 65th birthday is quickly approaching, and though not a car guy he's a James Bond fan with a love for Aston Martins. I think he would quite enjoy a day with one and thought of renting. Has anyone experience with companies renting Aston's? Any suggested sites or things to look out for?

Thanks in advance.

Scott
Old 06-06-2015, 06:54 AM
cstyles
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 95 Posts

I've had first hand experience with a couple of the GTA exotic experience companies. Albeit both were the day tours, not outright rentals. I do highly recommend the day tours as you get to drive multiple cars for much less than a daily rental of any one of them - and assuming you're renting the car to actually drive on the backroads all day, you're essentially accomplishing the same thing with the tour but at less cost / more cars.

Let me just say that the place in Oakville was a huge, huge letdown. The cars were in HORRIBLE condition, the cars used were not as promised during the booking (I too was looking forward to the Aston which ended up being left out), you have to fork over $5k as a deposit for the tour and never once did the people running it make you feel like this was a special event. Afterwards I searched the net and found many similar experiences to mine.

Last summer I did the Supercars Canada tour, based out of Burlington. MP4-12C, 458, Gallardo LP560 Spyder and Vantage V8 Roadster. This tour was PHENOMINAL. Mint cars, everything worked and was presented properly, no ridiculous deposit and plenty of opportunities on the tour to open the cars wide up if you were willing to risk those speeds on public roads. Most importantly, the owners made the participants feel that this was indeed a special event. I'll be doing this tour at least a few times this summer, it was amazing (joy of being able to take good clients through the business for an unforgettable day out).

I know not exactly what you were looking for (daily rental) but just wanted to give you my experiences if you decide to look at the daily tour option. Hope that helps
Old 06-06-2015, 09:51 AM
Scotty2H
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

That's great feedback. Thanks so much. GTA Exotics is based in Oakville, I assume that is who you're referring too, and they're website seems to reflect your comments. Their picture of the db9 looks like something they snapped on a phone in a random parking lot.

I'll look into the tours and supercars canada
Old 06-06-2015, 05:18 PM
dualexhaust
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rented a viper from them maybe 5-6 years ago, I had a great experience.
The car was fairly new, maybe 10K on it so the car was in great shape.

The owner actually let me have the car for another day, I just had to pay the insurance for that day if I recall correctly (I rented it on a weekday).
Old 06-08-2015, 01:36 PM
Arahant
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good review, I'v actually been considering doing the whole exotic rental thing aswell. I like the packages where you get to do a bunch of different exotics on the track... there is one thats like 5 cars for 5 laps each on some track I forget which company. I will definately check out supercars as thats an impressive list of cars.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin Rental