Notices

OT: Car design rant

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 10:29 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by JimV8
Thats a sharp looking wagon. Oh BTW, rentals cars are the best. They never need cleaning, and go like hell through everything.
I raise you all..

Once again we get crap in North America..
Old 03-10-2015, 11:36 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregster
I raise you all..

Once again we get crap in North America..
If its a Holden then it's Opel. Looks good.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:16 AM
kgoertz
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Judging all of GMs vehicles based on a Buick Lacrosse is a little harsh. While I definitely wouldn't strongly recommend GM cars, their trucks and SUVs are solid. I've owned a GM Acadia Denali for several years and absolutely love it. The 3.8 is solid and puts out 288 hp which isn't too far off the numbers for my 996's engine. And it will probably outlast the car. The interior leather and materials are well done, it has (by far) the largest cargo in it's class, and it can tow my boat. I bought it after trying the Acura, Toyota, Honda etc and it wasn't a hard decision.
Similar arguments go for the GM pickup. While Ford F150 has been getting all of the press for its aluminium body, it is less than 100 pounds lighter than the GM.

I'd also be happy with the Chevy z28 and the Vette. But I do agree that the design of their cars is usually pretty poor. I did think that the Pontiac G8 was very well done though.

Quick Reply: OT: Car design rant