Notices

Baking a chocolate cake today

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 01:05 PM
molson cdn
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baking a chocolate cake today

I wish everyone could see my shiny, happy face while celebrating the firing of our veterans affairs minister, Julian Fantino. LOSER extraordinaire.
The cake has been baked, the candles are lit and I'm so happy that i will be handing out presents to my excited children.
This IDIOT was the driving force behind section 172 of the Ontario highway traffic act which gives the police the power to seize vehicles going 50km/hr over the speed limit. This law allows police to impose fines of up to $10,000 before the accused even gets a day in court. The police officer is now judge, jury and executioner!
Driving 150 km/hr on a 400 series highway is, under the right conditions, perfectly safe. It has to be, because everyday, thousands past me driving at these speeds without incident. Only if they’re unlucky, they will become criminals under the watch full eye of the OPP. You would think that if the law had a deterrent effect, nobody would dare take a chance.
A hundred kilometers per hour? Get serious. It’s been proven that no amount of enforcement will ever get people to drive at less than the roads design speed. Our fastest roads are our safest roads. Look it up on the net- you will be surprised. If i wasn’t in a hurry i would travel Hwy 2 or hwy 11, which is far more dangerous than the 400 series. Ex-OPP commissioner Fantino spent billions of our tax dollars trying to perpetuate this lie of a 100 km/hr limit, the lowest in the civilized world, to absolutely no effect.
Even the Ministry of transportations own statistics show excessive speed is a factor in approximately 15% of collisions. Yet 75% of all traffic tickets written by the cops are for speeding. Where are all our officers’? On the 400, turning respectable citizens into criminals. The street racers love it,the cops are even looking for them.
Doing 90 in a 40 zone? Throw the book at them.
Doing 150 in a 100 zone (when really it is a 125 zone ) -- street racing or stunt driving it isn’t!!!
Fantino and his ministry claimed the law was working , which I’m assuming means saving lives. If he had any numbers to support this claim, you’d think he would let us know.
Fantino appeals may work in politics – but not this time in veteran affairs. But to improve traffic safety, we need to deal with the facts. And the facts are not on the section 172 of the highway traffic act.
I can’t wait to eat my first slice of cake!

Last edited by molson cdn; 04-22-2015 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:40 PM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 1,170 Likes on 545 Posts

And here is the cake.

Last edited by Adamant1971; 12-11-2022 at 04:25 PM.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:05 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,172 Likes on 840 Posts

Sorry but this has been done to death ...

im over it already ..
Old 01-07-2015, 03:49 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 411 Posts

It has been proven that large speed diferentials do cause accidents. I am not a supporter of the impound law but would rather see the limit raised at least to 120.
I am not the biggest supporter of Harper but it is not fair or right and I am actually offended that you would compare him to the ***** who sent millions to gas chambers.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:10 PM
breakfast
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why would you be offended?

a bit of an odd thread but the overall message is correct and I think most agree the 50 over law here is beyond ridiculous
Old 01-07-2015, 04:49 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 497 Likes on 356 Posts

I agree with the 85th percentile concept which basically states that drivers naturally will and do determine the correct speeds for any given weather and general driving conditions. Speed limits are right up there with 'thought control' (cue music). On the other hand now that speeding is eliminated from the Police mission maybe they can work on left lane hogs and those who insist on living outside the 85 percentile. Those are the folks who pass on the shoulders and use the merge lanes as an optional driving lane or drive the centre lane at 75 to 90 and back to 75 again. If we have to have a speed limit on the 400 series it should go to at least 125 and preferably 140 mph.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:28 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by JimV8
...and preferably 140 mph.
I like how you think!!
Old 01-07-2015, 05:52 PM
fenixv8
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

i agree limits are too low, even a 10 kn/h increase would be better. Politics are too ridiculous, everything is a cash grab. Emissions test every 2 years for cars that will pass and no test for pre 89 the ones that might have an issue passing.

They should remove the emissions testing and just charge ppl to retake their driver's test every few years and also increase the difficulty of the test. Do you realize how many drivers on the road today would fail that test. The road would be a much safer place and less congested with traffic.

Sometimes when I see a terrible driver do something wrong on the road its basically because they didn't even know they did something wrong. Would weed out a lot of those terrible drivers.

Dont you ever feel in your car "how did that guy get his license?"
Old 01-07-2015, 07:37 PM
blotto649
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fenixv8

They should remove the emissions testing and just charge ppl to retake their driver's test every few years and also increase the difficulty of the test. Do you realize how many drivers on the road today would fail that test.

Sometimes when I see a terrible driver do something wrong on the road its basically because they didn't even know they did something wrong.
+1000 - this man speaks the truth!
Old 01-08-2015, 01:30 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 311 Likes on 214 Posts

Can someone tell me what oil I should put in my car?

This has been done to death guys.

He was fired because he had no idea what he was doing. How he got the position I have no idea.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:34 PM
JBGold07
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The limits on highways in France are 110kph in bad road conditions, ie, wet or snowy, 130kph when dry. This actually could also work well here.
The 407 really should be raised
Old 01-08-2015, 05:55 PM
Sir5n
Three Wheelin'

Wow, Harper is trying to put a new face on his old government.

Lot's of these Bozos were part of a shake down on citizens that can put money 'into the coffers.'

I'm guessing income splitting didn't poll well enough to ensure even a minority for them.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:29 PM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
Sorry but this has been done to death ...

im over it already ..
With an election pending, now is your chance to get Harper out of office and get Canada back on track.

Despite the notion that "he who mentions the ***** first, loses the arguement", the parallels are actually terrifying.

Absolute control of his party, control of information (muzzled scientists), legislative trickery (omnibus bills), voter manipulation, (robo calls), creation of propaganda, (Canada news inc) and absolute denial of democratic rights (proroguing parliament TWICE), all echo early tactics of many dictatorial regimes. Not suggesting Harper is on that path, but who can support a politician who employs even one, let alone ALL of these dishonest tactics??

This October, vote smart.

Rk
Old 01-08-2015, 06:34 PM
Sir5n
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Rally Guy
With an election pending, now is your chance to get Harper out of office and get Canada back on track.

Despite the notion that "he who mentions the ***** first, loses the arguement", the parallels are actually terrifying.

Absolute control of his party, control of information (muzzled scientists), legislative trickery (omnibus bills), voter manipulation, (robo calls), creation of propaganda, (Canada news inc) and absolute denial of democratic rights (proroguing parliament TWICE), all echo early tactics of many dictatorial regimes. Not suggesting Harper is on that path, but who can support a politician who employs even one, let alone ALL of these dishonest tactics??

This October, vote smart.

Rk
+100%
Old 01-08-2015, 07:26 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 497 Likes on 356 Posts

Does that mean a PM named Justin?

Quick Reply: Baking a chocolate cake today