Kijiji only allowes 2 post now

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 01:08 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 338 Likes on 244 Posts
Default Kijiji only allowes 2 post now

Just a heads up. Last night wanted to post an add on Kijiji and when I clicked on "post add
", the next page was to make a payment because I will have more than two add going (selling my daughter's brownie uniform and a bicycle). This got to be new, wasn't there last Friday.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:40 PM
petee_c
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Combine your ads

And then just edit them when pieces sell.

You get 8? Pics per ad. Keyword search should still bring up the items for potential buyers.

Yeah, must be new

Craigslist here I come.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:26 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Just do what the Nigerians do and create 50 separate Hotmail accounts and use a VPN service. Your welcome.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:53 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Imo000
Just a heads up. Last night wanted to post an add on Kijiji and when I clicked on "post add
", the next page was to make a payment because I will have more than two add going (selling my daughter's brownie uniform and a bicycle). This got to be new, wasn't there last Friday.
Still works for me without this "two items only" limitations, I have 5 items already listed, and just added another item for giggles after reading this thread, no issues at all, so I now have 6 items listed in Kijiji under the same email address.

Had a quick look/search on Kijiji policy, nothing about 2 listings maximum, surely lots of people would have complained on the internet if this is a new policy, but I don't see anyone else complaining on a quick search.

Redflagdeals.com only allows 2 items in the same category, anything above will be deleted by the Moderators with no payment option to post more ads, but Kijiji does have a 25 items maximum policy from what I came across while searching just now, which I didn't know before.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:19 PM
1990944S2
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yeah, I'm VERY familiar with the "unfamiliar" Kijiji windows that suddenly pop up when I'm writing weekly ads for my business. I've had those payment requirement pop ups occur when clicking on "post ad" or "save" after writing the ad ...I just log out and log back in and they're gone. Another Kijiji scam program is sent to your e-mail stating that it now costs $40.00 to post ads in whichever category you happen to be advertising in at the time. No doubt about it, the internet thieves are steadily growing in numbers and getting extremely cunning in their programming capabilities.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:33 PM
aviography
Drifting

Originally Posted by 1990944S2
Oh yeah, I'm VERY familiar with the "unfamiliar" Kijiji windows that suddenly pop up when I'm writing weekly ads for my business. I've had those payment requirement pop ups occur when clicking on "post ad" or "save" after writing the ad ...I just log out and log back in and they're gone. Another Kijiji scam program is sent to your e-mail stating that it now costs $40.00 to post ads in whichever category you happen to be advertising in at the time. No doubt about it, the internet thieves are steadily growing in numbers and getting extremely cunning in their programming capabilities.
So you are suggesting this is the work of hackers? You and Imre should both look at better internet security software then, sounds like your computers are compromised, or at least susceptible to being hacked into!
Old 10-11-2014, 08:44 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 338 Likes on 244 Posts

Damn midget **** sites......must have infected my sheeen!
Old 10-11-2014, 08:56 PM
aviography
Drifting

Speaking of scams, ironically I received no less than 4 text messages within minutes of posting the last ad to test the "2 maximum posts" theory, most are from somewhere in the U.S., one is a 705 (Barrie) area code, offering me $100 more than my asking price, plus another $100 postage to send this to his daughter-in-law as a surprise gift!

I replied back telling him this is really funny, and asked if anybody still falls for this scam? Not too surprised I didn't hear back from him after that.

BTW I looked up the 705-417-5013 number the text message came from, it showed Barrie registration under Distributel Communications Ltd, take a look of the numbers listed in this link of the range of number that called me http://www.phonelookupwizard.com/cou...rrie/705-417-5, and see how all over the place the previous area code of these people had, pretty unlikely all these people from all over the US and elsewhere all ended up in Barrie and all use Distributel as their service........
Old 10-11-2014, 08:57 PM
aviography
Drifting

Originally Posted by Imo000
Damn midget **** sites......must have infected my sheeen!
Now he comes clean.

Oh never mind!
Old 10-11-2014, 09:51 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by aviography
Speaking of scams, ironically I received no less than 4 text messages within minutes of posting the last ad to test the "2 maximum posts" theory, most are from somewhere in the U.S., one is a 705 (Barrie) area code, offering me $100 more than my asking price, plus another $100 postage to send this to his daughter-in-law as a surprise gift!

I replied back telling him this is really funny, and asked if anybody still falls for this scam? Not too surprised I didn't hear back from him after that.

BTW I looked up the 705-417-5013 number the text message came from, it showed Barrie registration under Distributel Communications Ltd, take a look of the numbers listed in this link of the range of number that called me http://www.phonelookupwizard.com/cou...rrie/705-417-5, and see how all over the place the previous area code of these people had, pretty unlikely all these people from all over the US and elsewhere all ended up in Barrie and all use Distributel as their service........
Send them a link to the Midget **** sites ....