Notices

Must drive roads b/w Aurora & Bobcaygeon?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 08:38 PM
turbo'ed
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Must drive roads b/w Aurora & Bobcaygeon?

Headed up to a friend's cottage this weekend in the p-car. Can anyone suggest a fun route? Thx!
Old 08-09-2014, 12:12 AM
Sir5n
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Top of the 404 - Geen lane east straight through (crossing 48 ) follow The Herold Road east.

Continue and take the left turn north on Hwy 12. At Davis make the right turn. Okay this will be sketchy but go until you see a converted school house on the north west corner and turn left. This will take you Zepher with a sweeping right and left turn at 80 kph along the way!

Keep going north up to Ravenshoe and turn right there. Don't fear the construction signs because the detour is new pavement around Udora.

Right on old Shiloh road for a short run then a left on Victoria. That takes to Lakeridge. Left turn at the pie and firewood intersection. My wife doesn't care for their baking and niether does my co worker Troys' whose house you just passed.

North bound crossing Hwy 12 passed Skippers if you're not hungry through Pt Bolster. Keep going until you see the sign welcoming you to Beaverton but make right continue with a right at the end to the intersection with Hwy 12. Straight onto Hwy 8 and through Argile on brand new asphalt to county road 6. Left turn to Kirkfield. Right in the center on main street which is Hwy 46. All the way to Cobaconk. Through there and as you round Balsam and see old rail bridge footings make a left.

Just a short drive and turn right. This will take you across the bridge over the Burnt River.

Few nice turns and hills on this road before you end up north of Fennelon Falls. Then it the left and right on the Hwy that takes you to the top of Bobcaygon.

May be best to take a reverse look for the road from Coby to Fennelon backwards to confirm.

Sorry I don't know it's name-just where it is.

Have fun and watch the speed on Herold, Lakeridge and 46.

Don't I need to learn that...

Keith
Old 08-09-2014, 11:49 AM
turbo'ed
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Awesome info, thanks!

Quick Reply: Must drive roads b/w Aurora & Bobcaygeon?