Notices

Kijiji car caution

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 01:20 PM
pi5tolpete
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Kijiji car caution

Just a caution to anyone else who saw the brief add on Kijiji for the 1996 993 with factory sunroof delete for $20,000. The ad has been removed, but I was able to send an email while the ad was up.
SCAM!
Car is in Scotland with him, but was bought in Canada, even though the pictures of the car show palm trees in the background. But his is willing to sell the car to me for only $20k and ship it to me for 5 inspection days.
Yippee! Oh, and he has a bad phone line (cause Scotland is still in the dark ages) with Vodafone, UK-line - cause we know the crappy reputation of Vodafone...

Name is Miguel Abrel
Old 07-23-2014, 02:12 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 213 Posts

No Way!
Thanks for the heads up. lol
(Sorry, couldn't resist)
Old 07-23-2014, 02:47 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

Also regards Kijjiji and car sales. You may have read about a gang of young thugs in TO who lured unsuspecting buyers into an underground garage and beat them with pipes and robbed them.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:46 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 340 Likes on 245 Posts

I saw something in the news feed but didn't read it. At least they didn't throw him in a cow incenerator.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:31 AM
Soulboy
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw that ad earlier in the week too, thanks for the heads up!
Old 07-24-2014, 11:40 AM
19VFB19
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JimV8
Also regards Kijjiji and car sales. You may have read about a gang of young thugs in TO who lured unsuspecting buyers into an underground garage and beat them with pipes and robbed them.
I think that supposed car was in an underground apt parking lot near Jane and Finch. Would that not be a GIANT red flag in itself?

I've sold couple cars on kijiji, couple of tips if you want them when selling.
1) Never use your real address. Use the postal code as the location and I use one not necessarily for my home.
2) Meet in a public place.
3) If they're interested and want to drive it, check their driver's license. Take and email a pic of the driver's license to someone.
4) If they came in a car, take and send a pic of the vehicle license plate.

Maybe a little paranoid?

Cant be too carefull. re: Tim Bosma

Last edited by 19VFB19; 07-24-2014 at 11:58 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:48 AM
another_pmg
3rd Gear

I had the exact same discussion with Miguel Abrel. I then reported the scam.

These scammers should go to prison simply for making us hope that we can get such a car for so cheap.

The pics of the car were from an eBay auction for a car located in Miami (the legit car was also advertised on pelicanparts).

Here are the links to the real car info:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ete-coupe.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-993-...vip=true&rt=nc
Old 07-24-2014, 01:15 PM
PPo
Drifting

You have to be careful with anything over the web... Just a few months ago, I had to find a rental house in Florida for one month, but only had 4 days to secure something. I coordinated the rental up here in Toronto, while my wife was in Florida with the kids. We saw some great places on-line, made the calls, became interested... then when I said my wife will drop by to see the place, and give the deposit, a whole bunch of BS started.

We eventually found a great place for a great price... but these time wasting fraudsters really **** me off. I pretended to follow through with both fraudsters. When they provided me with the account info I reported the info of a suspect fraud account to the bank and provided all contact info for them to follow-up.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:34 PM
pi5tolpete
Pro

I'll post the email conversations just for kicks and giggles...
Old 07-24-2014, 02:37 PM
pi5tolpete
Pro

Subject: Fwd: Reply to your "1996 Porsche 911" Ad on Kijiji

Begin forwarded message:
Date: July 24, 2014 at 6:34:22 AM EDT
To: Peter XXX>
Subject: Re: Reply to your "1996 Porsche 911" Ad on Kijiji
You have no worries. The whole transaction is very simple and pretty straight forward.
Immediately after I sign the contract with EUROMAT SOLUTIONS CARGO, they will forward the sales documents your e-mail address.
You will have in your possession the vehicle purchase agreement (signed by me and "EUROMAT SOLUTIONS CARGO" Officer) and delivery notification as well.
The deposit must be sent accordingly EUROMAT SOLUTIONS CARGO account to their instructions.
Like I said, your deposit is 100% refundable if you decline the car during the 5-day inspection period.
Alos take a look in my first email, because I have sent more pictures with the car if you want to look at the car again!

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 4:46 AM, Peter XXX> wrote:
I went back to look at some pictures that were on the ad on Kijiji but the ad is gone did you remove it?

On Jul 23, 2014, at 6:23 PM, Miguel Abrel <mabrel86@gmail.com> wrote:
We have explain you that we don't have a good connection on our phone (Vodafone, UK-Line) and for the moment we can discuss by e-mail!
Thanks

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 11:25 PM, Peter XXX> wrote:
If I'm going to send a payment, I'd like to talk with you on the phone first. Can you get to a good phone line please?

On Jul 23, 2014, at 4:15 PM, Miguel Abrel <mabrel86@gmail.com> wrote:
The car is already into the shipping company possession, so I can not take other pictures in this moment. The payment it will be made directly to the shipping company bank account! The company name is Euromat Solutions Cargo and you can visit their website at:
http://euromat-solutions-cargo.eu/en/index.htm

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 10:50 PM, Peter XXX> wrote:
Miguel,
You didn't answer my question regarding the picture request. Also, who do I pay if I'm ready to pay?

On Jul 23, 2014, at 1:58 PM, Miguel Abrel <mabrel86@gmail.com> wrote:
We are ready to close the deal with you for $20.000.

I will explain you all the details for we can make the deal!

1) First we must have your full name and address + telephone number (home phone and mobile phone).We need them for the shipping.
2) I go with my husband at the shipping company to arrange all the details for the transaction.
3) The company will manage all necessary papers,the registration papers and the purchase contract.
4) When the car will be ready for the transport,the company will send you a delivery notification to let you know all the details about payment and delivery.
5) You will pay to the company in two deposits,a first payment for they can start the transport at your address and a second payment in cash on delivery.In case that you don't like the car,the company will transfer the money (first payment) back to your bank account.
6) You will have from 1 day to 5-7 days maximum to inspect the car,(we don't know exactly but the company will contact you with all the details when the car will be ready for the transport).

This is the procedure for we can close the deal very soon.

I assure you 100% that you will be very satisfied with our car.

P.S. You will pay to the company only the price $20.000.Like i told you,we will pay the taxes for the transport because we have an commission and after the car will arrive at your address,the company will pay us back from the taxes between 20%-25%.

We can arrange the transport tomorrow morning! It's ok for you?

I wait your e-mail.Thank you and greetings from Scotland

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 2:43 PM, Peter XXX> wrote:
Is the car with you in Scotland? Do you have access to it?
I'd like to see a picture of the paint close up that I didn't see in the pictures provided. Also want to see a picture of the rear seats as I need to know the folding style.

How to send the payment?

On Jul 23, 2014, at 5:51 AM, Miguel Abrel <mabrel86@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

We don't have a good connection on our phone (Vodafone, UK-Line) and for the moment we can discuss by e-mail,ok?

I discussed with my husband and we are ready to close the deal with you for $20,000.Are you ok with our price?

In this moment the car (with all necessary papers) is at the company and we already paid by credit card 230 Gbp for a future transport in Canada.We pay the rest,between 150-180 Gbp when the car will be ready for the transport at your address.

We will pay the taxes for the transport because we have an commission and after the car will arrive at your address,the company will pay us back from the taxes between 20%-25%.You will pay to the company only the price $20,000.

The engine runs perfectly!!We are sure that you and your family will be very happy with our car! Is a great car but we are forced to sell it because we already bought another car.

I wait your e-mail very soon and i will give you all the details for we can make the deal.

P.S. I want to repeat you that the car is in perfect condition 100% from all points of view!

We can arrange the transport next week.The company told us that the transport from Scotland to Canada will take about 2-3 days.

Thank you very much.

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 5:35 AM, Peter XXX> wrote:
Miguel,

How can we arrange to ship the car for the 5 day inspection?
Peter

> On Jul 22, 2014, at 7:00 PM, Miguel Abrel <mabrel86@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am pleased that you are interested to buy my car. Is in excellent condition (you can see the pictures). All required documents are available: registration procedures in Canada. I am currently in Scotland, I work here and in this moment the car is here with me. I bought this car when I moved from Canada (I bought the car from Canada, for my work. I have worked in Canada 1 years), but did when I moved here and log in to the car, I noticed that the cost is too high! For this reason I decided to sell. I wanted to sell it here, but with the steering wheel on the left side, it is very difficult to find a buyer here. Therefore, I decided to sell it in Canada, where I had bought it. Also, because the car is still registered in Canada. This is my desired price, $20,000, but we can still negotiate the price. Thank you for your time and interest. I await your reply if possible. If you are interested, I can send this vehicle to you and arrange a 5-day inspection period.
>
>
> Sincerely.
>
>
> Miguel Abrel
> <1.JPG>
> <2.JPG>
> <3.JPG>
> <4.JPG>
> <5.JPG>
> <6.JPG>