Notices

TUDOR UNITED SPORTSCAR CHAMPIONSHIP-MOSPORT JULY 13TH

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 01:22 AM
Goldstar
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TUDOR UNITED SPORTSCAR CHAMPIONSHIP-MOSPORT JULY 13TH

There's a great event coming up at Mosport next weekend (Sunday, July 13th).
This is a high level racing series with some amazing cars.
Hope there are some fans on here, promises to be an exciting race.
The REVO 555 Ferrari is a local team in the series and is currently the points leader, would be great to have some local support for my buddy's team.

http://www.imsa.com/races/mobil-1-sp...che=1399863222
Attached Images  
Old 07-05-2014, 01:56 AM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 129 Posts

Debating going... I will be coming back from Toronto that day and might pop in.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:38 PM
Gabe Newell
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be there with the #23 car.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Sharker
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Unfortunately, I have stopped following the Tudor series completely. It used to be my favorite series, but since Speed channel folded, and the TUDOR site refuses to allow Canadians (who have no other option) to view the stream, but send it to Europe no problem, I have given up.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:16 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharker
Unfortunately, I have stopped following the Tudor series completely. It used to be my favorite series, but since Speed channel folded, and the TUDOR site refuses to allow Canadians (who have no other option) to view the stream, but send it to Europe no problem, I have given up.
Don't worry, Jeff: the races are all uploaded to YouTube mere months after they happen! Isn't that convenient?

PWC is good now, and they get the races online much quicker.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:43 PM
Sir5n
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gabe Newell
I'll be there with the #23 car.

Looking forward to all the events! Have a great race Gabe- I'll be cheering for ya!!!
Keith
Old 07-07-2014, 11:11 AM
Charles A. Toupin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Since I don't have a race car anymore, I have plenty of time on my hands . So I should be there, camping with the family!!!

c.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:13 PM
Jonathon Rolstin
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Will be there - helping run LBST cars with GMG.

JR
Old 07-08-2014, 12:15 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

FYI: For your added entertainment the Lambo series is running on the Tudor weekend as well.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:34 AM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 141 Likes on 70 Posts

I will be there Sunday in the Grand Prix Club with wifey. Looking forward to it as I have never attended this one before
Old 07-08-2014, 01:14 AM
Pferrf1
Advanced

Yes, it's brutal. TSN will have five channels to fill next year. I think they might pick up some non roundy round racing

As an aside, anyone who has the CBS sports network, they carry the Two Blancpain series as well as the DTM. Very, very entertaining racing this year in those series. Blanpain at Monza was a hoot.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:46 AM
TrackdayRSA.
Rennlist Member

Same here Jeff. I went to every ALMS race at Mosport from the series inception, and to now be treated like **** by IMSA and Tudor is really maddening. I've given up as well.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:54 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Pferrf1
Yes, it's brutal. TSN will have five channels to fill next year. I think they might pick up some non roundy round racing

As an aside, anyone who has the CBS sports network, they carry the Two Blancpain series as well as the DTM. Very, very entertaining racing this year in those series. Blanpain at Monza was a hoot.
FYI: Bell is dropping CBSSN in Aug. Part in parcel of Bell's plan to drive business over to the three new Bell properties (TSN) TSN 3, 4 & 5. Expect Rogers/Shaw etc to follow along as they also go to the CRTC to get their properties special consideration. It's like three or four mob families cooperating and working together to bribe a local Government on Garbage contacts. Then come September you'll all be 'allowed' some new channels - oh but wait - they won't be free.

What you'll say - but I lost some channels such as Speed and CBSSN that I had in a sports package that was included in my monthly fee?! Shouldn't I just be able to get these additional TSN channels for free? Oh, silly Canadian television viewer, bend over now and say 'Ah' - your being held hostage by the four mega telico groups - SUCKERS!!!

Welcome to Canuckastan, another northern nation held hostage to oligopolistic firms that employ restrictive trade practices, collusion, market sharing all in an effort to raise prices and restrict competition and all welcomed and aided by a Federal group called the CRTC.

Their mantra: "We give you the channels we want to give you and you will be happy to have them and pay through the nose for them." And oh by the way, we'll run ad's for our other shows on our news channels masked as news while we lay off real journalists to tell you about our exciting TV shows such as Amazing Race Canada (Bell product) during CTV National News telecasts.

And still they wonder why people are turning off TV in record numbers with sales of TV sets way down and cable companies looking scared.

So people turn to the web...

But wait. The Oligopoly's know this so now they go back to the CRTC which controls the telico's who control the web in this country - to BLOCK your use of online content by $threatening$ offshore providers (hulu is an example) unless they use IP location blocks.

So the consumer is surrounded by content net nannies and guarded from choice - almost as if we live in that stupid TV show called the Dome.

We're told it's because its to 'protect' us from those evil Americans and their content/ideas. Oh wait - unless this evil content is $washed$ through Global, BCE or Rogers - THEN it's 'ok' for us to watch.

Someone show me where this isn't the same business model of how the mob runs things?
Old 07-11-2014, 11:22 AM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 652 Likes on 320 Posts

I am going to head over to Mosport tomorrow with my 7 and 5 year old boys to watch some races. They love this stuff and the weather looks more iffy on Sunday. Any idea as to what would be a good time to arrive? Anyone else going to be there?
Old 07-11-2014, 05:31 PM
Turbo Cup
AutoX

I don't think I've missed an ALMS race ever! Until now, and I watched all the rest on TV.
I am so disgusted at the TV situation, I no longer even know who's in the series. How can IMSA put up with this? How can Ron Fellows put up with it ?
We're missing ALL the Sports car racing! I suspect this may affect attendance at CTMP this weekend.

Quick Reply: TUDOR UNITED SPORTSCAR CHAMPIONSHIP-MOSPORT JULY 13TH