Notices

Village Luxury Cars, reputation?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 10:51 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Village Luxury Cars, reputation?

My buddy is now looking at this 997 http://www.vlci.ca/used/vehicle/2006...4-id503019.htm. It appears to have had the engine rebuilt at Engineered Automotive. Anyone know the history of this vehicle or the reputation of Engineered Automotive?
Old 06-17-2014, 11:11 PM
CarlEightySix
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have passed there many times, most of their cars are high end. Never heard nothing wrong of them just the opposite. But in my opinion dealerships like this are very careful with the cars they sell and customers.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:00 AM
Goldstar
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

EA is one of the top shops in Canada.
They service and restore some amazing cars.
Why not have your buddy call them and ask about the 911.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:04 AM
ansonintoronto
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've known the owner VLC for years and he is a stand up guy. In fact, he was the wholesaler/buyer for Pfaff back in the days.

He knows his cars and he selects unique or very clean cars to sell. Good luck!
Old 06-18-2014, 09:31 AM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by ansonintoronto
I've known the owner VLC for years and he is a stand up guy. In fact, he was the wholesaler/buyer for Pfaff back in the days.

He knows his cars and he selects unique or very clean cars to sell. Good luck!
I met him only once (I was looking at a .1 RS) and he seemed like a really straightforward guy looking to build a business on selling quality cars. Not to judge a book by it's cover but the presentation of their store and their branding suggests to me they care.

But it doesn't really matter...your buddy MUST get a PPI and talk to EA and then he'll know whether he wants the car or not.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:22 PM
destro
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Has anyone actually looked at the photos of that car... that center console is really beat up... doesn't look minty fresh to me.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:26 PM
Neb
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 15 Posts

Looks to be US car also, so definitely need a carfax report.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:59 PM
ansonintoronto
Racer

Originally Posted by destro
Has anyone actually looked at the photos of that car... that center console is really beat up... doesn't look minty fresh to me.
How does the center console look beat up? It has a fully leather interior and that is how the beige/light leather will age over time. In a convertible with the top down abilities, I suspect it will have further leather wear.....it is the unfortuate fact of having a full leather interior in a convertible.

This is also after all a 2006 vehicle......FYI....it's 2014.

If the interior was Black, there are enough products on the market to make ANY interior "look" mint.....many of the products will even "matt the glossiness of worn leather
Old 06-18-2014, 08:01 PM
ansonintoronto
Racer

Originally Posted by Neb
Looks to be US car also, so definitely need a carfax report.
Regardless of the car's origin (US/Canada) or where it is purchased (even at a Porsche authorized dealer), a PPI is a MUST have.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:35 PM
REDTURBO
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been to this dealership many times over the last few years.
My barber is right beside them so I always take a look at what they have.
Though I didn't purchase my car through them I did look at several cars prior at that dealership before purchasing my car and I was very interested in a 355 they had 2 years ago. Salesman were fine to deal with, no issues there.
Clean dealership, nice cars but most of the cars have higher mileage because they were taken from end of leases or trade-ins but that only provides more room for negotiating.
I've seen a lot of cars go in and out of that dealershop so they must be doing something right. They had a Gallardo convertible last year which didn't last too long if I recall correclty. Many Porsches in and out as well over the years.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:15 PM
destro
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ansonintoronto
How does the center console look beat up? It has a fully leather interior and that is how the beige/light leather will age over time. In a convertible with the top down abilities, I suspect it will have further leather wear.....it is the unfortuate fact of having a full leather interior in a convertible.

The buttons look terrible, like someone to a grinder to the TEMP control, the silver paint is clipped in places. Car definitely needs a detail, leather (driver's seat bolsters) and overall stitching look really dirty. Not matter what the dealers rep is. The car simply looks neglected and for $53 K, that's alot for an 8 year old non S that looks rough. Also its hard to show defects in pictures in many instances, let alone compressed auto ads.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:14 AM
ansonintoronto
Racer

Originally Posted by destro

The buttons look terrible, like someone to a grinder to the TEMP control, the silver paint is clipped in places. Car definitely needs a detail, leather (driver's seat bolsters) and overall stitching look really dirty. Not matter what the dealers rep is. The car simply looks neglected and for $53 K, that's alot for an 8 year old non S that looks rough. Also its hard to show defects in pictures in many instances, let alone compressed auto ads.
I agree the temp button have seen lots of usage....but Porsche cheaped out on the quality of the buttons to begin with. And I only see 2 very tiny "nicks" on the lower panel....one seems to be a "prey" mark to remove the lower panel and the other mark from perhaps "scratched" when the previous owner placed something into the slot below.....I would hardly call that "abuse"....but rather normal wear-n-tear.

Again, with beige or any light coloured interior, each and every speck of dirt/wear will be very evident.....black interiors certainly would hide issues much better. I myself would never have a beige/white or light grey interior just for the dirty you have pointed out. Again, nothing out of the ordinary for a 9 yr old car. I have red seatbelts in my 997 and I could definitely see faint stains that I can't see from the portions that get retracted....again, wear and tear.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:20 AM
ansonintoronto
Racer

[QUOTE=REDTURBO They had a Gallardo convertible last year which didn't last too long if I recall correclty. Many Porsches in and out as well over the years.[/QUOTE]

My collegue purchased that Gallardo with only 9000kms....like new and was a local Audi trade in for a new R8 GT. Another friend purchased the 2013 Audi TT with the RS-look package in red with only 8000kms....again, a trade in from Downtown Porsche for a new Boxster.

Peter Gallos was the wholesale for Pfaff Porsche back in the days and is very well connected.....go talk to him on your exact needs.

Quick Reply: Village Luxury Cars, reputation?