Notices

Porsche Oakville - Good Service Experience

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 01:56 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Porsche Oakville - Good Service Experience

I thought i'd report back on my first service experience with Oakville. It was only an oil change on my 991 C2S, but given my history of service errors with my former dealer, I thought it would be nice to report a positive experience.

My oil was changed, and there is no high puddle in my garage. I talked to the SA about how I used the car, and they had no issues with the fact that I had my track pads in and tied off the sensors. They just noted that my rotors had extensive heat checking but were otherwise fine - unlike what the other dealer said when they saw them several months ago. The mechanic mentioned that my brake dust shield had warped (apparently common on cars tracked a fair bit), and bent them back for me. He actually called me to make sure I understood what he was doing and that it was a common thing. They even hand washed my wheels which were caked in brake dust and had all sorts of rubber bits stuck to them. They also cleaned out the area in front of the radiators, getting out all of the debris there.

Gotta say it was a simple job, but it was done right, and it's nice to see them putting in the extra effort.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:05 PM
tangram
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. I'll be taking my cars in within the next month for servicing prior to winter storage.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

What was the charge out the door for your oil change if I may be so rude?
Old 11-04-2013, 02:46 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Torontoworker
What was the charge out the door for your oil change if I may be so rude?
How rude! lol. I've sent you a PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:12 PM
P0rsch3F113
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Good to hear about a Porsche dealership creating a positive service experience!

Don't have a dealership near me unfortunately. Just got back from Newmarket. Got an oil change and service at Auto Select. Franz & Nick always create a positive service experience.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad to hear the new dealership is doing well. I must say that all my experiences at Pfaff have been very good as well. The head of service always comes by to say hi when he sees me. Not that I'm a pig but when I take my wife's RX350 F sport to Lexus I get a full breakfast. A nice touch.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Ildi
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service

I have good experience with Pfaff Tuning they are using same parts like Pfaff Porsche but charge less and good customer service.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:35 AM
Goldstar
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bacura
Glad to hear the new dealership is doing well. I must say that all my experiences at Pfaff have been very good as well. The head of service always comes by to say hi when he sees me. Not that I'm a pig but when I take my wife's RX350 F sport to Lexus I get a full breakfast. A nice touch.
At Porsche Oakville the owner personally made me a cappuccino. And then gave me the keys to a nearly brand new Cayenne to drive while my car is in the shop. Now that's a class act!

Quick Reply: Porsche Oakville - Good Service Experience