Notices

Martini Livery on GT3 - damn slippery slope

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 10:13 AM
ZR8ED
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it, but it reminds me of my younger days, when I spent 10 years transforming the car in to a barely streetable racecar, just in time to realize that my life and priorities had changed, and then spending another 10 years trying to make it more comfortable/driveable before finally giving up and selling it. Ughh I suddenly sound so old....

Enjoy your car!
Old 10-30-2013, 02:22 AM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Awesome
Old 10-30-2013, 11:24 PM
darth g-f
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, you're asking for our opinion, so here it is.

I like the stripes on the hood and top.

The Pirelli and Mobil1 stickers are the kind of things most likely found on a riced up Honda, not a Porsche. Unless you race and are sponsored, these looks tacky.

The Porsche on the wing and the 3.8 are both limit. At least, they somehow belong on the car. It is a Porsche and has a 3.8. But it's very limit taste wise.

I always thought it was funny for cars makers to put huge stickers for pretty much useless stuff. The 3.8 is pretty much a good example of that. Like anyone cares what displacement any car has. I remember in the days when cars had PFI (programmed fuel injection) or the usual Powered by Honda.

So in my opinion, stripes yay, pirelli/mobil1 nay and Porsche/3.8 ok as it fits the race theme and belongs there somehow.

In the end, it's your car, your life. You shouldn't worry what anyone thinks as long as it makes you happy.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:37 AM
tgt40
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love it, including the brand stickers! The only thing better is the Gulf livery

Quick Reply: Martini Livery on GT3 - damn slippery slope