Notices

New track proposal in BC, Designed by Jacques Villeneuve

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 01:23 PM
rrental
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default New track proposal in BC, Designed by Jacques Villeneuve

I got a message from our local PCA chapter about the plans of a full scale track too be build here in Osoyoos, BC.

The founders are building there proposal on a country club style financing. 30-35K initial fee with a 3-4K yearly membership. Any of you guys are familiar with this concept? Any tracks back east are funded like that?

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/a...878/story.html
Old 09-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

There are lot's of tracks in the US like this - the concept in Canada is less developed but I can see it coming. The one problem is our weather that limits the number of track days - say compared to Barber and VIR which pretty much can operate year round. CMP near Ottawa is sort of half way there but still maintain rental days as well as running racing events - same with Mt Tremblant. We sort of have hybrid ownership structures of some rich people owning tracks but deciding not to go the whole route of selling 'memberships' to finance the operation. I actually think we are better off with the rental track day situation we have here along with the track owners putting on racing events then some of the groups in the US. The most outrageous example of the country club environment is the Monticello operation in New York state. VIR (Virgina International raceway) seems to be a good operation where they split the week up between members and selected weekends for SCCA or the odd PRO racing event. People drive their 458's right out of the bottom of their condo and right out onto the track and in between sit on their balconies sipping wine and watching cars lapping before going for a swim in the pool. Tough life!
If any area of Canada would have a long season of track days I would assume this area of BC would top the list of the number of days you could be on track.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:11 AM
Pferrf1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've spent a lot of time in Osoyoos. It would be a great location for something like this. It gets summer traffic from the Vancouver andCalgary areas. That being said, it is really too far from each community to be considered a 'local track'.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:46 PM
shotor
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

I hope it happens.

Currently, I happily drive to The Ridge. It would be great not to have to cross the border.

Quick Reply: New track proposal in BC, Designed by Jacques Villeneuve