Notices

Review: Tangent Car Care (London, ONT)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 04:28 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review: Tangent Car Care (London, ONT)

Review is a little late in coming, but I just got back from having my car "washed" by a local shop in Toronto and it made me miss the place I used to go to when I lived in London last year.

If any of you guys out in that part of town are looking for an A+ detailer/car wash, call and speak to Grant @ Tangent Car Care. He's taken care of everything from my bike to cars and is always professional and does an excellent job.

The difference I think is that the owner Grant a total petrol head like us (has a collection of Datsuns, ATV's, motorbikes etc...) and puts in the time and effort, instead of just trying to churn cars thru.

A small example: my buddy asked him if he know of a way to do King Ranch leather seats without ruining them. Why? Because Ford uses a special kind of leather vs. normal cars and if you use standard products on them, they start to change color on you. Grant was aware of the issue and recommended a way around it.

We've got a couple of good detailers in the Toronto area, but for London, I strongly recommend giving Tangent a call.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:01 AM
wucash
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never used and they sound great, but are you sure you were not smoking something???

Marijuana grow-op busted at southeast London business
LondonTopic.ca
09/16/2008

A London business owner is facing drug charges after London police discovered a marijuana grow operation inside a business in the city's southeast Monday evening (Sept. 16).

Officers with the London police Street Drug Unit executed a search warrant at Tangent Car Care, Unit #6-28 Micro Court, just off Bradley Avenue, at around 7:20 p.m., and discovered a marijuana grow-op inside.

Police seized 51 marijuana plants, $300 worth of marijuana "shake," and $3,000 in grow equipment. Police estimate the value of the plants seized at $51,000.

The owner of the business, Grant Elgie, 31, was arrested with the assistance of St. Thomas police in St. Thomas, police said.

Elgie has been charged with possession of marijuana for the purpose of trafficking and unlawfully producing marijuana.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:35 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Roflmao, I don't even know what to say about that.

When I would go in there the place was packed with cars and motorbikes, lifts and tools and certainly not the 420. It didn't even look like there was enough space in the unit to have the amount of stuff that article alleges. I ran a google search and I couldn't find anything about the article 10-pages deep and the londontopic.ca site sounds like it was some experiment floated on dragon's den. I'm not sure I would treat it as credible.

In any case I stand by my core review, my car's always came out spotless. There's a bunch of positives on Subaru Club as well. I intend on taking one of my cars back in the summer while i'm in town so i can get some oil and other gunk off the undercarriage (stuff that's built up from an oil leak).
Old 03-23-2014, 05:30 PM
959junkie
2nd Gear

I'm a little late to the party on this one but I have been to this shop and the grow op deal was 100% correct. Apparently he got off on some kind of technicality from what I was told. As for the work, I found it to be mediocre compared to other shops I have used in the GTA and London. He may be a petrol head but as a detailer I think this guy caters to the used car dealers more than the general public doing cheap, wholesale type work. Honestly I don't think the job I got was any better than the job I would get at a full serve car wash. My detailer in Toronto blows this guy out of the water.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:19 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 522 Likes on 391 Posts

I would guess a guy who is high on pot would pay meticulous attention to detail ...but not sure if I would trust him with a Pcar.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:37 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

[QUOTE=wucash;10400288]Never used and they sound great, but are you sure you were not smoking something???

Marijuana grow-op busted at southeast London business
LondonTopic.ca
09/16/2008

There's only one substance that can slow Omar's speech from his usual 60 words per second. Coincidence?!

Old 03-23-2014, 10:03 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 274 Likes on 183 Posts

I'd apply the Rob Ford criteria here: If he does a better job than the rest, don't care what his poison is. Support him.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:08 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ronnie993tt
I'd apply the Rob Ford criteria here: If he does a better job than the rest, don't care what his poison is. Support him.
Nice "Tangent" Ronnie, but I'm not sure your analogy applies. If Rob Ford wants to use illegal drugs for his own consumption, that's his prerogative. He's a big boy, literally, and entitled to make his own decisions as ludicrous as they may seem. This guy is growing drugs for the purpose of trafficking. Not really the same, IMHO.

Quick Reply: Review: Tangent Car Care (London, ONT)