Notices

Most ridiculous unmarked police car you've seen

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 01:23 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

A few weeks ago I was told by a coworker living close by that he saw a Halton Regional unmarked mini-van pulling another car over.

Well I saw this mini-van myself about 8:30pm last night doing the same thing at Hwy 25 and Steels, it was a light beige or gold full-size Dodge Ram van, unmarked with red and blue lights front and back, two HRP constables standing either side of the car they just pulled over.

It was pretty dusky already so I didn't turn around to take a pix.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:10 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,115 Likes on 797 Posts

Originally Posted by aviography
A few weeks ago I was told by a coworker living close by that he saw a Halton Regional unmarked mini-van pulling another car over.

Well I saw this mini-van myself about 8:30pm last night doing the same thing at Hwy 25 and Steels, it was a light beige or gold full-size Dodge Ram van, unmarked with red and blue lights front and back, two HRP constables standing either side of the car they just pulled over.

It was pretty dusky already so I didn't turn around to take a pix.
yup we have one in Waterloo region too.. he was stopped in front of me at a light and had to get out to take his jacket off so he flicked his lights on . Was kind of cool as i could see how they work .. Looks like a perfect new style mini van . The red and blue lights are actually really super bright LED type lights that are stored in the reverse light clear lenses. he flicked it on and super bright red and blue lights came on, even in bright day light. he got back in and turned them off and they looked like regular reverse lenses like my Town and Country .. Absolutely no other markings..

oh and to continue the general thread .. my banners are all VAg Kraft ... really ? VW / Audi pushing on our Porsche Forum ? .. wanna trade Omar ? i could use an exciting banner or two ...
Old 08-31-2014, 11:35 PM
aviography
Drifting

Saw one today that I had to share:

New light silver Chrysler 200, red and blue interior flashing lights facing aft and various flashing lights facing front too, but the most striking part that got my attention was the very attractive plain-cloth FEMALE constable/detective in sharp looking business attire with high-heel shoes to boot, getting out of her unmarked car to hand back some documents to the male driver of the car she had pulled over.

I bet the male driver will have a war story to tell for a very long time!

This was at Dundas and Third Line in Oakville.

I was just coming back from the CNE Airshow, had my telephoto lens and camera, but decided it might not be the best idea to pull the camera/lens out and pointed at her direction for a few pix.

Last edited by aviography; 09-01-2014 at 09:33 AM.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:40 AM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by aviography
Saw one today that I had to share:

New light silver Chrysler 200, red and blue interior flashing lights facing aft and various flashing lights facing front too, but the most striking part that got my attention was the very attractive plain-cloth FEMALE constable/detective in sharp looking business attire with high-heel shoes to boot, getting out of her unmarked car to hand back some documents to the male driver of the car she had pulled over.

I bet the male driver will have a war story to tell for a very long time!

This was at Dundas and Third Line in Oakville.

I was just coming back from the CNE Airshow, had my telephoto lens and camera, but decided it might be the best idea to pull the camera/lens out and pointed at her direction for a few pix.
This is starting to get ridiculous. When you can no longer differentiate the cops from regular folk, why the hell would you stop for them. There are a lot of crazy people out there. Probably safe with this one, but what if the driver was a 250 lb scruffy guy in regular attire with tattoos all over him? Just because it has blinking lights doesn't mean jack ****.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:09 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 338 Likes on 244 Posts

I've seen idiots with strobes in their cars, with these new unmarked cruisers, how the hell can you be sure its not a wannabe cop? What if you don't stop because the car is not clearly marked as a police car?
Old 09-01-2014, 07:12 PM
aviography
Drifting

The thing to do is to drive slowly to a fire or police station, or pull over, keep the windows rolled up and doors locked, let the "officer" know you are calling 911 for uniformed constable/officer and marked cruiser to attend.

There should not be any issue if done this way, the cop should appreciate the citizen has the rights to remain safe.

Last edited by aviography; 09-02-2014 at 02:05 AM.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:53 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 338 Likes on 244 Posts

So you are igated to eventually pull over to fashing lights?
Old 09-01-2014, 11:44 PM
9964runner
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

There was an incident last year on the 400 near Port Severn. Two girls, perhaps mother daughter had a car pull up behind them with lights flashing, for whatever reason something didn't seem right so one of them called 911 only to find out there were no cars on patrol in the area.... I don't recall if they caught the guy,but the girls came out ok thanks to their quick thinking.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:33 PM
aviography
Drifting

Dark blue unmarked Halton Regional Dodge mini-van on Dundas St and Third Line, pulled someone over.

Yup, more and more difficult to spot.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:14 PM
Donster
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Imo000
I've seen idiots with strobes in their cars, with these new unmarked cruisers, how the hell can you be sure its not a wannabe cop? What if you don't stop because the car is not clearly marked as a police car?
My brother was pulled over by a guy in an RCMP truck a few years ago who wasn't wearing a uniform. The guy flashed some kind of ID card and gave my brother a verbal warning for speeding but no ticket. Something didn't feel right so he went straight to the nearest detachment to ask some questions. It turns out the guy was actually a dog handler but not a police officer at all, and had a history of similar behavior.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:55 PM
Mr Fish Tank
Racer

Saw in mississauga a red 95-99 civic hatch with 2 uniform cops.

On 401 x dvp a gold caravan pulling someone over on the left shoulder

And friday night a red caravan or journey coming south on university x queen fast with lights on dash on.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:54 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,141 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by Donster
My brother was pulled over by a guy in an RCMP truck a few years ago who wasn't wearing a uniform. The guy flashed some kind of ID card and gave my brother a verbal warning for speeding but no ticket. Something didn't feel right so he went straight to the nearest detachment to ask some questions. It turns out the guy was actually a dog handler but not a police officer at all, and had a history of similar behavior.
I had this happen 17 years ago in Oakville. Guy was driving RCMP cruiser and was cruising up and down following closely behind cars, I'd never seen an RCMP cruiser in the area let alone doing what he was doing with it. I took another lap on the street out of curiosity and he pulled me over, not in uniform, no badge. Took my ID, thought it was all suspect but didn't do anything about it. Should have called 911. Funny thing was he ended up working at the local Future Shop, where I worked. He was not a cop.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:47 AM
aviography
Drifting

Originally Posted by SToronto
I had this happen 17 years ago in Oakville. Guy was driving RCMP cruiser and was cruising up and down following closely behind cars, I'd never seen an RCMP cruiser in the area let alone doing what he was doing with it. I took another lap on the street out of curiosity and he pulled me over, not in uniform, no badge. Took my ID, thought it was all suspect but didn't do anything about it. Should have called 911. Funny thing was he ended up working at the local Future Shop, where I worked. He was not a cop.
One afternoon in the late 80's on Hwy 401, I suddenly noticed a dark blue Dodge Diplomat coming up quickly in the lane to my right, I can also see the rear shelf lights through the low setting sun behind us.

My heart skipped a beat since I was speeding, not a lot but likely enough to get pulled over.

I was very relieved to see what I thought was an unmarked cruiser kept going past me.

Only then did I notice the license plate, it read: "Hill St", as in the Hill Street Blue TV series about a police precinct in the U.S., someone had a sense of humor, I wonder how many people he scared silly, and how traffic in front of him always moved out of the way! Although I have no idea if the two big rear shelf lights actually worked or not.

A month later I saw this car in our company parking lot, turns out it was the photo copier repair guy.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:05 PM
PPo
Drifting

This was over a decade ago, so its okay to mention now, it was a stupid decision but fun at a younger age:

My friend had an unmarked cop car come into his shop for repair. We needed to go see Randy at WhaleTail, but both of our P-Cars where in various states of repair that day. We decided to use the unmarked cop car because it would make the trip "faster"... yes, we used the lights and sirens to get people to move aside. Even got free coffee at Tim Horton's drive through!

Looking back at it... I am super thankful we got lucky and where not noticed by any officers...
Old 10-29-2014, 09:02 AM
Mr Fish Tank
Racer

Just saw a black dodge journey pulling over a M3 on 401 by Cobourg.

Quick Reply: Most ridiculous unmarked police car you've seen