Notices

Fireball Coatings...... Disappointed.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 09:00 PM
Benny771
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Fireball Coatings...... Disappointed.

Fireball Coatings...... Disappointed.

Alright,
I will try to make this shorter than it actually was.
I took my fan shroud, fan, and strap in to be powdercoated at Fireball coatings after hearing some positive things about them.
I labeled where they needed to be coated (on the part) and where they could not be coated. I also explained to the manager that this is a visual and important part that i don't believe I can get anymore. I took time in doing this to make sure there would be no "whoops".
I drove 2hrs on a Monday to drop them off, and told him what colors i wanted them painted. Black for the belt, silver for the shroud and Anthracite for the fan itself. I was told they would be done on Friday but to call just incase they are not. I told him that the car is on a hoist and cant be moved so i need it when he said they would be done.
I was surprised to find out they have never heard of Anthracite and even phoned his supplier who apparently has never heard of it as well.
The manager then began to show small scratched samples that were thrown on a desk like a deck of cards. He suggested a gold color for the fan and that he had painted many of these fans. I took a sample home to see what it would look like but was not very happy, so i picked a silver gray color for the fan, called and confirmed the change.
After calling for two weeks past the due date and many non-returned emails, i was told they are next on the line and would be done tomorrow. I drove down to pick them up and all the areas that were not to be coated were. The fan was painted the wrong color. I took the pieces that i could on a promise that the fan would be redone on Monday (it was Friday).
After yet another full week he said that he would ship it to me as soon as it is done.
Yet another week passes (total 3.5 weeks now) I did not leave the shop afraid i would miss the delivery. Its a no show.
Called him again, now the excuse is that the shipping tag came off the box so they shipped it back to him.
Finally got the fan after 4weeks 2 days. I repaired his coating in several spots that could not be coated (contact surfaces) which took hours.
$160 for the powdercoating.
I don't understand why companies think that their time is worth more than mine? I do understand how companies go under. I try to keep my money in Canada but terrible service makes me look elsewhere.
There are many flaws and bubbles on Fireball's work.
Attached Images    
Old 03-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Benny771
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, just found this on them... too late i might add.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...th-of-Brampton

Quick Reply: Fireball Coatings...... Disappointed.