Notices

New Panorama Editor

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 02:01 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 278 Likes on 187 Posts
Thumbs up New Panorama Editor

Is it my imagination or has Panorama dramatically improved since Pete Stout took over as editor? I used to read the Tech Q&A, Street Talk and European Windows but generally found the Features (articles) rather dull. Not any more. I think all of the Features in the January 2013 issue are quite engaging. Zookie may be right. It is all about the cars!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:25 PM
jasonintoronto
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When did it change?
Old 01-15-2013, 04:56 PM
Richard930
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got mine yesterday and was thinking the same thing. It's the first one in quite some time that had articles I found interesting.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:46 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Just like the PCA itself - Pano was (and is) getting long and tired. This is what happens when you have an editor who started out as an amateur (as good as she was at the time) and PCA allowed her to continue for 42 years because that's how they roll - longevity is rewarded more then new ideas! She ran the publication using a template and there was very little outside input up until the last two years. Now they have a professional from Excellence magazine at the helm and he has already FORCED through a long over due format change - Pano is joining the rest of the world and becoming the standard magazine size this year. The target is mid summer for this change. It was costing the membership money to cut down the size of the paper stock to smaller then industry standard. Did you know that the size was set back in the 50's because it fit inside a 356 glove box?! True. Now we'll be able to see half decent sized pictures and the advertisers I hear are a lot happier as the font size can increase. Now if they can only get someone new for their website who isn't trapped in the 90's they'll really move along...
Old 01-21-2013, 01:37 PM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Glad to hear that you noticed the changes. Wait until you compare it to the December 2013 issue. Lots more on the way.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:18 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 278 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Manny Alban
Glad to hear that you noticed the changes. Wait until you compare it to the December 2013 issue. Lots more on the way.
Initial post uncharacteristically understated. Really, there's no comparison. Pretty much Excellence quality features now, particularly the Exclusive 930 and Target 911 articles. Looking forward to bigger format. Keep up the good work.

Ronnie

Quick Reply: New Panorama Editor