Notices

Big porsche accident in london

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 07:00 PM
ArniO
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While this was a wholly silly and illegal situation, I hope that your sister-in-law and the others who were injured recover. When she is better, there are some major teaching moments coming up.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:55 AM
canuck964
Burning Brakes

Received 109 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by IXLR8
I've been there and its far worse for those who are the real victims, those who had no control over the actions of an irresponsible driver.
+1

I too have been the victim of the actions of an irresponsible driver.

I have a hard time feeling any empathy for the irresponsible driver especially if it is ultimately proven in court it was not an accident.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:29 PM
P0rsch3F113
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by canuck964
+1

I have a hard time feeling any empathy for the irresponsible driver especially if it is ultimately proven in court it was not an accident.
I feel the same at this point, without knowing any of the back story.
Her actions were shockingly, and criminally, irresponsible. She may be facing years in criminal and civil court actions. For this, and her recovery, she will need the support of her friends and family.
I hope all involved fully recover.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:35 PM
Xpit77
Racer

My son was in and hit a run a few years ago. He was driving our time attack track car.We ran it on Saturday and the accident happened on Sunday. It still had the bolt in cage and 5 points in .
Some dumb *** ran a red light and hit him on the right 1/4.Then takes off. There were a lot of witnesses.
Dumb *** didn`t realize his front bumper cover came off with the license plate still attached.
Unfortunately, there was a power failure and they could`nt get him. MTO computers were down Cop said he was probably drunk or no insurance no dl. They got him the next day when he went to get his dl renewed. Geez ? MTO had him flagged.They stalled him until the cops showed up.
Buddy had to do the walk of shame out of the MTO branch in hand cuffs.

Last edited by Xpit77; 03-03-2013 at 03:29 PM. Reason: ooopps sp
Old 03-03-2013, 11:31 PM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts

All I can say at this moment is not to be quick to judge.. The media has its own agenda... Let's not pass judgment unless we know the whole truth
Old 03-04-2013, 05:02 PM
MidnightCayman
Racer

Originally Posted by Chimcu
All I can say at this moment is not to be quick to judge.. The media has its own agenda... Let's not pass judgment unless we know the whole truth
+1
Old 03-05-2013, 10:08 AM
wucash
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

delete
Old 03-05-2013, 12:01 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 646 Likes on 449 Posts

The media has its own agenda...
Curious, but what agenda does the media have in this particular case?

Or did they make up most of what was reported?
Old 03-05-2013, 08:37 PM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 67 Posts

Kinda curious as well. Did the cops dream up all those serious charges because they have an agenda too? Not trying to throw stones here but she is facing some very serious charges in addition to the lawsuits she will face from each of the victims involved no doubt...
Old 03-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Pags993
Kinda curious as well. Did the cops dream up all those serious charges because they have an agenda too? Not trying to throw stones here but she is facing some very serious charges in addition to the lawsuits she will face from each of the victims involved no doubt...
No lawsuits from drivers or passengers in any cars involved except under very narrow rules - usually permanent life altering injuries and this paid out under under no fault legislation through *your* insurance policy. Court action usually involves you suing your own insurance company when you disagree with the assessment of your injuries or payments. The only lawsuits allowed are involvement of pedestrians and non car related property damage. Insurance companies attempt to redirect costs between themselves in their own little version of a Star Chamber whether charges were laid or not afterwards.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 67 Posts

You are correct i used the wrong terms re lawsuits from victims but that is a serious laundry list of charges laid by the cops.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:05 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

May not be lawsuits in Ontario but in B.C. there would be many. I carry $5 million in liability insurance!
Old 03-06-2013, 02:16 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 646 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by John 996 TT Cab
May not be lawsuits in Ontario but in B.C. there would be many.
And rightfully so. Why should the victim be at the losing end of the stick for someone else's screw-up. I got pennies for having to live with a titanium nail in my leg for the rest of my life.

Let the insurance companies recoup those loses by charging idiots 10X the going insurance rate; they'll either pay or be off the road.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts

I am close with the driver but due to the upcoming lawsuits and charges., I can't say too much but let me assure people that the charges are real but then again the cops job is to make someone accountable... What you read in the media tend to be one sided and does not convey the entire story. But whatever the case, everyone including the media has the rights to their own opinion. All I ask is that people don't judge the driver until the truth comes out or you know the whole story. In addition, no matter whom is at fault, the victims here are those who got hurt and their lives will never be the same.

I am not religous but let me quote the bible,

"Let he who without sin cast the first stone"
Old 03-07-2013, 11:37 AM
hoffa
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I am close with the driver but due to the upcoming lawsuits and charges., I can't say too much but let me assure people that the charges are real but then again the cops job is to make someone accountable... What you read in the media tend to be one sided and does not convey the entire story. But whatever the case, everyone including the media has the rights to their own opinion. All I ask is that people don't judge the driver until the truth comes out or you know the whole story. In addition, no matter whom is at fault, the victims here are those who got hurt and their lives will never be the same.

I am not religous but let me quote the bible,

"Let he who without sin cast the first stone"
Well put.

Quick Reply: Big porsche accident in london