Notices

Big porsche accident in london

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Christien
Any update on this? Hoping for some good news.
still nothing.. she's still in the CCTC (critical care trauma center).. I guess no news is good news.. been visiting her 5 times a week.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 531 Likes on 399 Posts

Good luck. hope she recovers. makes you realize how quick life can change. don't take things for granted and enjoy life and those around you.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:44 PM
Rick Bye
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your Sis?

Originally Posted by Chimcu
still nothing.. she's still in the CCTC (critical care trauma center).. I guess no news is good news.. been visiting her 5 times a week.
Chimcu, I just heard about this, today. I hope she is holding on. I haven't seen anything in the news over here in the centre of the Universe. If you don't know my story, I was in her position after an accident on my way to Daytona and left with a 2 percent chance to live. If you think that I might be able to offer some hope and/or comfort to you and the other family members, I would be more than happy to drive over and see you guys. I'm pulling for you, stay strong. Rick
Old 12-15-2012, 02:27 AM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Kevin, I am so sorry to hear this. Hope she pulls through.

Originally Posted by Rick Bye
Chimcu, I just heard about this, today. I hope she is holding on. I haven't seen anything in the news over here in the centre of the Universe. If you don't know my story, I was in her position after an accident on my way to Daytona and left with a 2 percent chance to live. If you think that I might be able to offer some hope and/or comfort to you and the other family members, I would be more than happy to drive over and see you guys. I'm pulling for you, stay strong. Rick
Rick, may I have the honor to welcome you to Rennlist Canada. I have read you amazing story. Let's hope Kevin's sis has as much luck and strength.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:23 AM
TrackdayRSA.
Rennlist Member

I second that- welcome Rick, and I'm sure that your words will bring much comfort to Kevin and his family.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Rick Bye
2nd Gear

Thanks Guys, I'm glad to be here! Just wish it was under
more 'positive' circumstances. Hope she has as much 'luck' as I had.Regards,Rick
Old 12-15-2012, 02:54 PM
kristob
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks Guys, I'm glad to be here! Just wish it was under
more 'positive' circumstances. Hope she has as much 'luck' as I had.Regards,Rick
Good on you Rick. Your article in Excellence was inspiring.

To the OP, my sincere wishes for your sister's recovery
Old 12-16-2012, 03:43 PM
wucash
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Update

This is few days old.

http://www.lfpress.com/2012/12/06/po...still-critical
Old 12-17-2012, 09:39 AM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts

hi Rick.. much appreciation for your support.. I would be more than happy to have a cafe and talk a bit if you're in toronto or london.. I am around.... pm me
Old 12-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Andrewporsche
Instructor

Originally Posted by Chimcu
On behalf of your Porsche brothers and sisters here in BC..please accept our thoughts and prayers to you, your family and especially your sister in law..we all hope for a complete recovery from her injuries sustained in that horrific accident..

Regards
Andrew
Past Secretary
Canada West Region
Porsche Club Of America
Vancouver BC
Old 12-24-2012, 12:14 AM
Red!
Advanced

Chimcu, my thoughts are with your family....this is a particularly hard time of year for ****ty stuff.

Please talk to Rick, I've heard his story told by him and his brother and if there is anything that bring a light of hope into this dark time it is Rick and his story.

(I'd shamelessly promote his and Chris' book to anyone - its a story of both his family's and his personal triumph over adversity, the fragility of life, and its particularly poignant to we Porsche/car enthusiasts)

I'd also, say, as someone who's run BMW Club's schools for years, as well as instructed, for Ferrari Club, and many, many, other groups; we should all have more respect for the everyday dangers of driving, and the false sense of invincibility our marvelous machines provide us.

Tragic accidents like this bring it home for me, and humble me...
Old 12-26-2012, 07:47 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 685 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
makes you realize how quick life can change.
I've been there and its far worse for those who are the real victims, those who had no control over the actions of an irresponsible driver.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:02 AM
wucash
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the driver of the Porsche got charged :

http://www.lfpress.com/2013/02/27/lo...-of-collisions

"Cham Phou, 31 of London, has been charged with two counts of criminal negligence causing bodily harm, two counts of dangerous operation of a vehicle, two counts of dangerous operation of a vehicle causing bodily harm, taking a vehicle without consent and leaving the scene of an accident."

The second last charge seems to be most surprising.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:40 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 812 Posts

i thought the 31 was a bit surprising , i was under the impresion the driver was much younger. Good news no one was killed .. but someone has to be accountable . very sad situation indeed..
Old 02-28-2013, 02:19 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 531 Likes on 399 Posts

taking the vehicle without consent? I guess it wasn't her car. hopefully she has a full recovery to her health.
Is it bad form to ask what actually happened here?
a few years ago on rennlist it was discussed how you should lock the keys to the porsche away if you have teenagers (I know she was 31). even if your kids are good they may have friends over who see the keys and decide to joy ride, and we know how these cars drive different than most and inexperienced drivers can't handle the power. this came up with a teen age daughter in California was drunk got in fight with parents and took the porsche and crashed into a toll booth and died.
Once again I wish the best to all involved in the London incident.

Quick Reply: Big porsche accident in london