Received 641 Likes on 316 Posts
Default pfaff driver development day - sept. 20

Anyone going to this? It's at Mosport.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:54 PM
Tommy 5
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be up for this.

Moab, do you have any details? Where did you find out about this event? I checked Pfaff's website but nothing was listed under 'Events'.

Tommy
Old 08-23-2012, 06:02 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 519 Likes on 388 Posts

from memory it has been about $600 for the day in past years. I am hoping that I am wrong. Interesting rumour about Pfaff is that they have been doing pretty well with older (80s) pcars and want to have a few on their lot to sell.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:02 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tommy 5
I'd be up for this.

Moab, do you have any details? Where did you find out about this event? I checked Pfaff's website but nothing was listed under 'Events'.

Tommy
It's $499 +HST. You can email Stuart Drummond at Pfaff for more details (stuartdrummond@pfaffporsche.com). When I inquired about the event, his response was:

"It's a fantastic day. Arrive at Mosport for 830 am. In class for 9 to 930. Then on track with instructors and also some skid pad. Then lucnch, back on track for the rest of the afternoon. Expect to do about 100kms on the track. Amazing day but don't plan on doing much that evening as you will be very tired."

I told him I have limited track experience and he said no problem, there is only one advanced group. If you are going to sign up let me know. I think I'm going to do it.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:18 AM
bigboi's911S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been many times - it is a great day... run in conjunction with the group at Apex. Great group of instructors which make for a fun day and a great way to improve your driving skills.

I will probably be there
Old 08-24-2012, 10:33 AM
moab
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bigboi's911S
Been many times - it is a great day... run in conjunction with the group at Apex. Great group of instructors which make for a fun day and a great way to improve your driving skills.

I will probably be there
if you attend, you can see your, I mean my, Akrapovic
Old 08-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Tommy 5
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moab
It's $499 +HST. You can email Stuart Drummond at Pfaff for more details (stuartdrummond@pfaffporsche.com). When I inquired about the event, his response was:

"It's a fantastic day. Arrive at Mosport for 830 am. In class for 9 to 930. Then on track with instructors and also some skid pad. Then lucnch, back on track for the rest of the afternoon. Expect to do about 100kms on the track. Amazing day but don't plan on doing much that evening as you will be very tired."

I told him I have limited track experience and he said no problem, there is only one advanced group. If you are going to sign up let me know. I think I'm going to do it.
Thanks for the info, Moab!

Pfaff had another event like this at the end of May. I went. It rocked! I would definitely go again.

Although they say the learning experience is actually better in the rain, I'd rather not go if the weather isn't good. But that's just me. I won't make a final decision to sign up until a week before the event (and hopefully there will still be some spots left!). I will keep you posted.

Tommy

Quick Reply: pfaff driver development day - sept. 20