Notices

Buying a car on ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 05:59 PM
mikeymike79
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a car on ebay?

Has anyone ever bought a car on ebay? What do you think of it? There are some spectacular prices but I guess you need to also add in possible shipping and other charges.

I'd love to hear your experience if you have picked up your porsche on ebay!
Old 07-03-2012, 07:20 AM
mikeymike79
Advanced

anyone?
Old 07-03-2012, 10:43 AM
BT ZR1
Racer

Do your homework, get as much paperwork on the car as you can. Have the car looked at thoroughly before you buy by a qualified shop, not the dealer who sells you the car. Proper PPI and speak to the person who does the ppi. Factor in shipping 1k to 2k, then factor in an additional 6 percent payable on entry because the car is not made in USA. Remember Caveat Emptor. Ideal is to go see and drive the car before you buy. Go to riv.ca and familiarize yourself with importing procedures.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:51 PM
Farfelc2s
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 7 Posts
Default E-Bay

I have bought 3 Porsche thru E-Bay advertising. Never buy from a Private, no matter what. All 3 were bought off the site from Porsche dealers that are respectable? Never was surprised and very easy to import.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

While I have yet to complete a purchase on ebay, I've tried several times. Seems to me the only practical way is to wait for the auction to end, then contact the seller to arrange a PPI. Most ebay auctions don't end in a completed deal, so use that to your advantage. IMO, you can't arrange a PPI and do all your homework in the 7 days of the auction, or less if you don't see the listing right away.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:41 PM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought my first p car on ebay. It had low mileage and was still under warranty.

Reason to buy ebay is if better price can be had or if the car was hard to find. It is definitely more work and expenses than a local purchase.

Quick Reply: Buying a car on ebay?