Notices

a couple of 993's on Kijiji c4s and turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 01:34 PM
andykbob
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a couple of 993's on Kijiji c4s and turbo

Im not ready to jump yet but im sure there is a few that might be interested in these
turbo $43000 with 51250 km(??)

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ377776555

c4s $33000 with 47360 km(?)

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ376135047

What do you think? Good prices??
Old 05-09-2012, 01:50 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

$43k for a turbo would be an exceptional deal in Cda. However what does this mean? "Exterior of car has been restored with new seats and new carpet" - accident? Also the C4S's usually go for more than this

I have my 96 cab listed for $35k. If these sales are legit, I'm screwed!!
Old 05-09-2012, 02:27 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Those are scams for sure...or if not; buy them both quick! Today, Turbos with
that mileage fetch north of $65K, and C4S in the mid 50s and up.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No worries.... Scams!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jacob... Where are the pics with your shiny new wheels?

Did you have to sand out the centers to fit your caps?
Old 05-09-2012, 05:30 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedyellow993
Jacob... Where are the pics with your shiny new wheels?

Did you have to sand out the centers to fit your caps?
I'll post some pics soon..

I did not have to sand anything down for the caps to fit perfectly. The powder coat is super thin and didn't effect fitment. I've taken the caps out and snapped them back in a few times, everything is perfect. I colour matched them myself with a rattle can, they came out awesome.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:03 PM
saxony_wu
Rennlist Member

Unhappy

Don't bother with those ads. I'd contacted them and both are scams from same person....divorce deal of a lifetime!!

I also realized 9 out of 10 "too good to be true" ads on Kijiji and Auto Trader these days are from con artists. There is another one that I got a reply today saying reason of "fire sale" was the son died in Japan earthquake last year....this is getting more and more interesting for sure!!

Obviously these people are making "something" out of these. It seems to me they are full time con artists and obviously some suckers are out there as well.

Real sad....
Old 05-09-2012, 06:41 PM
dsb180
Track Day

I have never even heard of scams on kijiji. Good thing I took a look at this fourm.
Thx guys.
Dylan.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is an email that I received back from the seller of the turbo - Enjoy!
Hi,
Thank you very much for your interest that you have shown for my car. The car is like new, is registered in Canada and I had all the services done there. The car is fully paid off (it has a clean and clear title) and is in perfect condition, no scratches, excellent maintained. It has no accident or any engine problem. It has only 51260 kms on board. The listing price ($43,000) includes shipping and handling directly to your address (only Canada). The car is currently in Red Deer, AB, in custody of a reputable shipping company with all the papers necessary to sell, ready to be delivered to it's new owner. I am letting it go because I recently moved to Denver, CO (USA) and importing and registering it here would cost too much. Since I'm very busy with my work I don't have the possibility to return in Canada and meet all the potential buyers. Due this situation I've decided to use the Amazon Escrow service.
I will only sell it through Amazon Escrow Service because they will handle the shipping and the payment in a secure way for both of us and you will inspect it before they release the funds to me. I want to sell it asap and a fast sale can be done only with a low price.
If you need anymore info, photos or details about how we can complete this transaction, feel free to email me.
Thank you,
Jason

P.S. This is the car's VIN: WP0AC2995TS375643. You can even run a Carfax report and you will see that the car is fully paid off, no liens (it has a clean and clear title).
Old 05-09-2012, 08:51 PM
passion911
Instructor

LOL. I got that same email for that car and another one. Are people really stupid enough to fall for that?
Old 05-09-2012, 09:25 PM
andykbob
Track Day

God I hate those scammers...when i was bored I used to email the scammers back over and over again with stupid questions and then when they said the "car" was at a ship yard in (whatever city) Id tell them i'd send by brother who is a cop in that city to check the car there.....they never answered back lol
Old 05-09-2012, 11:22 PM
saxony_wu
Rennlist Member

Here's are good ones today....

>>First of all, I would like to thank you for contacting me.
The vehicle is in perfect condition, with no need for additional repairs, no scratches, dings or leaks and with a immaculate interior. It has never been involved in any accidents what so ever. The interior looks great (NO SMOKING OR PETS). The title is of course clean, with no liens or any other kind of loans, ready to be signed and notarized in your name if the purchase goes through .
Here are a few details about my vehicle:
Mileage: 32,998 KM
Body Style: Coupe
Exterior Color: Silver
Interior Color: Black
Fuel: Gasoline
Engine: 6 Cylinders
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: RWD
As the add indicated, the price is $14,700.00
This vehicle belonged to my son, who died in the earthquake in Ishinomaki,Japan (God needs to tell me why !)
I'm still very traumatized about this...and I want to get rid of it asap because the sight of it makes me think of him too often and the pain is just too great .My son purchased it from the United States and brought it with him to Canada where he also has it registered. The vehicle has a Canadian ownership now.
Please get back to me as soon as possible if you decide to buy it. I'll fill you in on the rest of the details if you're really interested .
Sincerely,
Richard Brumer<<

I replied with interest of seeing the car. Here's his reply within an hour with standard format....LOL

>>Thank you for getting back to me.
I'm sorry but there's nothing I would love more then to arrange a local pick up or even a visual inspection but I'm away in a business trip .I'm very busy and I really don`t have time to meet my potential buyers, that is why I left the vehicle in eBay's custody which will ship it to the next owner at no additional cost .
I will make this deal through eBay's Vehicle Purchase Protection Program.The shipping will start as soon as eBay receives your payment. Once the vehicle is in your possession, you will have 14 days to decide whether you keep it or not, it's your choice.If, by any chance, you'll find any kind of problems with it or it's not as described, eBay will pick up the vehicle from your address and wire the money back into your bank account .To proceed with this transaction please send me your contact info for eBay : full name, full delivery address, eBay username and a phone number .I will contact eBay as soon as you send me these details .
Please let me know if there's anything else you would like to know and I'll be more then happy to give you a call .
Sincerely,
Richard<<<

I love to play with these scammers when I've free time. Besides the "extraordinary deal" approaches, there is always a trend when it comes to P cars ads. Usually the lic plates are covered and no tel contact numbers. Their stories can get quite creative from time to time. Worth a good laugh...
Steve
Old 05-10-2012, 09:54 PM
saxony_wu
Rennlist Member

Two new scams on Auto trader Toronto today. 96 993 with 50k and 86 M491 convertible with 36k.

I believe those pictures were from ebay.

Scammers are like weeds. Never go away...
Old 05-11-2012, 08:47 AM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hope someone doesn't fall into this trap.

Quick Reply: a couple of 993's on Kijiji c4s and turbo