Notices

Meet and Greet at Pfaff Tuning - May 13th, 2012

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Basalt997
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meet and Greet at Pfaff Tuning - May 13th, 2012

Hey guys, just wanted to send the invite over to the rennlist folks! P-Car Power will be holding it's first meet this year at Pfaff Tuning on May 13th. Perfect time to grab a coffee and meet others that share the same passion. Hope to see some of you guys there!

Some more info here. http://www.pcarpower.com/forums/index.php
Old 04-15-2012, 02:28 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

sounds like a plan
Old 04-15-2012, 03:42 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the invite.
Never heard of Pcarpower before. I don't want to judge too quickly, but if there is one thing that I am not a fan of when it comes to online forums, that would be the ones where people rate each other.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:28 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,172 Likes on 840 Posts

Or when people post links on formus to their own forums

Downright tacky
Old 04-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Basalt997
Track Day

Originally Posted by 1990964C4
Thanks for the invite.
Never heard of Pcarpower before. I don't want to judge too quickly, but if there is one thing that I am not a fan of when it comes to online forums, that would be the ones where people rate each other.
Hey! Thanks for the input. It's a new site, as you can probably tell, and any feedback is appreciated. Fyi, i personally don't like the member rating system as well, and i thought the rating was only for threads. I'll have a look into it though. Thanks again.

Originally Posted by theiceman
Or when people post links on formus to their own forums

Downright tacky
I guess that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. I for one am here not to compete, but to meet others that share the same passion for porsche's as i do. I'm looking forward to attending some of the Rennlist events this summer, but i hope the events are friendlier than this though.

Last edited by Basalt997; 04-15-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:00 PM
bigboi's911S
Advanced

If I'm in the city, I'll come by for sure...
I like the idea of new forums and/or people who take it upon themselves to start something new - so I'm all for supporting that...
FYI - events aren't much friendlier lol - there is a definite inner circle here that is tricky to crack...
Old 04-15-2012, 08:08 PM
jasonintoronto
Burning Brakes

You can turn reputation ratings off in vbulletin.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:24 PM
mzn50
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ah.. Il will have to try to be there.. All my work has been done there.. with the latest last week !
Old 04-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Hyper911
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

just had my ride tuned there. Will try and make it!
Old 04-16-2012, 01:58 AM
Basalt997
Track Day

Originally Posted by bigboi's911S
If I'm in the city, I'll come by for sure...
I like the idea of new forums and/or people who take it upon themselves to start something new - so I'm all for supporting that...
FYI - events aren't much friendlier lol - there is a definite inner circle here that is tricky to crack...
Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate it. Looking forward to seeing you there if you're in town that weekend.

It's unfortunate to hear about the events being like that. Lots of good people here i'm sure, but i guess there's always a few that can ruin the fun.

Btw, your car looks great! What wheels are those? I oftentimes wish i bought wheels with a nice polished lip like that.

Originally Posted by jasonintoronto
You can turn reputation ratings off in vbulletin.
Thanks Jason. I will have a look for sure.

Hope to see all you guys there! Should be a fun day.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:10 AM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

There is no such thing as "inner circle" here on RL. Just a fairly large group of people that have known each other longer than others, that's all. And to "crack" it, all I had to do is show up at PCA social, meet a few of them and get a warm welcome into their "circle" right away. I am not sure what Bigboi is referring to, to be honest.
There is, however, such a thing as basic forum etiquette. It varies from forum to forum, but the basics are very common. One of the basics in particular, is that it's considered unethical to post live links to other forums. In fact, on 6speed your post will get deleted by admin and a warning pm will be sent to you. Do it more than once and risk getting banned. Here on RL, admin seems to be more tolerant to a lot of s¥!t. But that does not mean that people that consider RL to be their main P-Car social centre, like the noble Sir Iceman and yours truly, should refrain from teaching a newbie a lesson.

Basalt997, I am not sure how you are affiliated with the other forum (another basic forum rule is to state that info when promoting a product or service), but if you are and you do want the other forum to be successful, may I suggest making more friends than enemies.

Stan
Old 04-16-2012, 08:58 AM
bigboi's911S
Advanced

Originally Posted by 1990964C4
There is no such thing as "inner circle" here on RL. Just a fairly large group of people that have known each other longer than others, that's all. And to "crack" it, all I had to do is show up at PCA social, meet a few of them and get a warm welcome into their "circle" right away. I am not sure what Bigboi is referring to, to be honest.
There is, however, such a thing as basic forum etiquette. It varies from forum to forum, but the basics are very common. One of the basics in particular, is that it's considered unethical to post live links to other forums. In fact, on 6speed your post will get deleted by admin and a warning pm will be sent to you. Do it more than once and risk getting banned. Here on RL, admin seems to be more tolerant to a lot of s¥!t. But that does not mean that people that consider RL to be their main P-Car social centre, like the noble Sir Iceman and yours truly, should refrain from teaching a newbie a lesson.

Basalt997, I am not sure how you are affiliated with the other forum (another basic forum rule is to state that info when promoting a product or service), but if you are and you do want the other forum to be successful, may I suggest making more friends than enemies.

Stan
Hey Stan, didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, I attended many of the Saturdays last year, took part in the Rennlist day at Mosport, tried to organize a few "rides" and "meets" on here for the Oakville/Mississauga area, took part in a lot of Pfaff tuning and Apex events at Mosport last year, participated in the Yorkville exotic car show, etc. etc. and the reception I often got was a little bit chilly that's all. It doesn't/didn't really bother me and I stick to myself and do my own thing most of the time anyway, and some of it no doubt can be attributed to my age, but nonetheless the feeling is still there.... I just enjoy my car and others like it.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:30 AM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hyper911
just had my ride tuned there. Will try and make it!
Wow.... That's crazy!!!! I just noticed your MOD list. The last time I saw you (fall drive) your car was bone stock. Someone's had a busy winter;-). Can't wait to see your ride.

AL
Old 04-16-2012, 10:52 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by bigboi's911S
... and the reception I often got was a little bit chilly that's all. It doesn't/didn't really bother me and I stick to myself and do my own thing most of the time anyway, and some of it no doubt can be attributed to my age, but nonetheless the feeling is still there.... I just enjoy my car and others like it.
You do realize that if you don't approach people and introduce yourself, you won't get to know anybody and you will come off as aloof. The Saturday GTG's are not an organized car club event; just a bunch of p-car enthusiasts getting together to chat and admire each others cars. There is no official welcoming committee or induction ceremony.

Getting a frosty reception has nothing to do with your age since at the GTG's, the "inner circle" if you wish to call it that, varies in ages from 20 to +70!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:08 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by pongobaz
varies in ages from 20 to +70!
whotf is the 70+????

Quick Reply: Meet and Greet at Pfaff Tuning - May 13th, 2012