Notices

Seemed like a good idea at the time

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 05:06 PM
Mike_UCR
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seemed like a good idea at the time

I never ever ever run my 996 through a car wash except last Thursday when I couldn't stand the bright glorious sunshine and how crappy it made the layer of grime on the car look.

Well, I know I shouldn't but somehow the allure of a clean car was too much. I was there , she (the car) was there, the car wash was there. Who would ever know, what could happen? Sounds like the proverbial conventioneer & hooker scenario. Unfortunately it had the same result. I did the deed and now have a great big rash that I need to see a professional to clear up.

Yes, the lip of the rear wheel nestled up to the guide bar in the carwash resulting in a nice uniform gouge all the way around the circumference of the wheel. So, does anyone know of a good wheel doctor in Mississauga who can eradicate my rash? Any idea of cost?
Old 04-07-2012, 05:13 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Are you sure that cant be buffed out? I recently had work done at Carcones Auto Recicling (they do wheel refinishing) and was very happy with the result. However they are not in your are at all.

Good luck
Stan
Old 04-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 523 Likes on 392 Posts

I hope you didn't bring it to the gtg today as that type of rash can be contagious and now all the pcars at the gtg may gave caught it
Steve Rootenberg at the back of Bestline autobidy at Weston and 7 has done good wheel work for me.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:57 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ouch...... I hear Carcones is good.

Quick Reply: Seemed like a good idea at the time