Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 11:57 AM
jasonintoronto
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bergamasco
Great to know about this one.
Originally Posted by Caligari
This guy is in Toronto and stocks EVERYTHING!

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/autom...arkham-897854/
I've used him (wisdom detailing) and he was able to meet me downtown for a delivery in person. Thumbs up.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:56 PM
petee_c
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

2 yr update.

2yrs ago, I started this thread. Got lots of responses. I also got some 1z interior cockpit premium cleaner, detailers pride interior protectant and some lexol leather cleaner/conditioner in spray bottle from eshine.

Well the Crv got totalled in a pile up on the 401 in August 2012,and we found ourselves driving a 2011 q7 tdi cpo.

The 2002 Jetta 1.8t was sold this summer and I'm now in a 2006 Jetta TDI with pleather grey interior. When I sold the 1.8t, the interior was in very good shape. No cracking on the dash and the leather seats were supple.

I just spent the last couple free evenings doing a quick interior detail of my cars. Typically I clean my summer fairweather Boxster every 4-6 weeks just for fun.

Here's what I can report.

1z premium cockpit. Citrus smell doesn't smell clean to me. I'm more a berry person. Works fine as a cleaner, non gloss results.

DP interior protectant . Only used it so far on my rubber floor mats, the sprayer on the bottle gives a fine mist. Use it on the floor mats in the DD's after hosing them off on the drive way. Brings them back to black, I didn't wipe off the excess, so they are pretty slippery for a fee days. Pleasant fruity smell. Haven't used it on the dash or seats yet.

Lexol leather conditioner. Used this a couple times. Once on the q7 brown leather seating surfaces. Once or twice on the Porsche seats. This product needs to be buffed off, or else it feels a touch greasy or even sticky. No added scent. Not sure if it will soften the leather over time. I find the leather on the Porsche and Audi tougher than household lazy boy full grain leather recliner or even my 02 Jetta.

ICE interior cleaner/protectant. Available at CT, Parts Source etc. This remains my go to product for a quick detailer. I've used it on pleather, vinyl, leather and to clean a hot chocolate(?) stain on carpet. Leaves the upholstery with a dull shine, smells clean and keeps the just dusted look for weeks. No need to buff off. I usually keep the mf cloth that I had just used in the door and just use it to give an occasional wipe if the kids leave finger prints or more frequently foot prints on the door. I swear my son opens the door with his foot. I give a light swipe on rubber seals etc.

Last edited by petee_c; 10-02-2014 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:57 PM
_snowbird_
Rennlist Member

1Z Cockpit is my fav by far - especially on soft touch surfaces like Audi dashboards and interior trim. This is the most natural matte finish I've found (if you like an original factory look). It's also great on LCD nav screens. Leaves a non-greasy streak-free finish.

I like 303 on rubber (like tires, hoses). Gives a deeper, darker finish than 1Z on some surfaces, but that comes with a slightly greasier look and feel. That's why I reserve it for use on rubber.

I'm not a fan of AutoGlym, despite their advertised history in detailing. It feels like they've never updated their formulas to reflect the new material technologies. The car wash soap completely sucks.

Stay away from anything ArmorAll. If you want to see rubberized surfaces disintegrate - put some on. My rubber whip antenna literally crumbled apart within months of using it (many years ago now, but still not happy about it).
Old 10-03-2014, 01:05 AM
petee_c
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by _snowbird_
1Z Cockpit is my fav by far - especially on soft touch surfaces like Audi dashboards and interior trim. This is the most natural matte finish I've found (if you like an original factory look). It's also great on LCD nav screens. Leaves a non-greasy streak-free finish.

I like 303 on rubber (like tires, hoses). Gives a deeper, darker finish than 1Z on some surfaces, but that comes with a slightly greasier look and feel. That's why I reserve it for use on rubber.

I'm not a fan of AutoGlym, despite their advertised history in detailing. It feels like they've never updated their formulas to reflect the new material technologies. The car wash soap completely sucks.

Stay away from anything ArmorAll. If you want to see rubberized surfaces disintegrate - put some on. My rubber whip antenna literally crumbled apart within months of using it (many years ago now, but still not happy about it).
Snowbird,

Seriously, give the ICE interior protectant a try. In my limited testing similar results to 1z, but smells cleaner.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:31 AM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 558 Likes on 343 Posts

really like the Autoglym Extra Gloss sealant for paint...interior-wise, liking the Surf City Garage 'Dash-Away' (from Partsource) for non-touch leather surfaces, UV protectant..
Old 10-07-2014, 09:59 AM
69gaugeman
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by petee_c
Lexol leather conditioner. Used this a couple times. Once on the q7 brown leather seating surfaces. Once or twice on the Porsche seats. This product needs to be buffed off, or else it feels a touch greasy or even sticky. No added scent. Not sure if it will soften the leather over time. I find the leather on the Porsche and Audi tougher than household lazy boy full grain leather recliner or even my 02 Jetta.
I also found that unless you get the supple leather option, Porsche uses saddle leather...lol.. But it does wear better.

I swear by Lexol. Essence of cow, I think... I brought rock hard 1990 leather seats back to life with this product. I painted a thick layer on the seat then covered it with plastic wrap and left it for a few days to soak in. Had to do a couple of treatments, but the leather is pliable now and feels great. Yes you have to buff it after you let it sit for a bit, but then it is without a gloss finish. Just the way I like it.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:44 AM
Ernie J
Pro

Try SONAX, Mantis has it, made in germany, germans make good stuff.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:13 AM
69gaugeman
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ernie J
Try SONAX, Mantis has it, made in germany, germans make good stuff most of the time
Fixed it for ya.

Quick Reply: OK. Need a interior dressing for my dashboard, from Cdn Tire