Notices

Detail shop in Toronto

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 06:22 PM
louie007
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Detail shop in Toronto

Hi guys wanted to buff and polish the car , any shops you guys dealt with that you have had good expirence with , thanks
Old 03-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

Use Autobahn Spa and Salon. These guys know what they are about. No affiliation but I have seen their work.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:17 PM
ekam
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 314 Posts

I'm going to have to call up Wes and schedule an appointment with him soon... I went by his shop last year for quick detail by his partner and saw his work.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=655151

PS: I used Autobahn few years ago, I wasn't really impressed... they did the whole car (clean, wax, complete interior and wheels) in 4 hours.

Last edited by ekam; 03-17-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:17 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Michelangelo's Auto Salon http://www.autoclean.ca/ at Bloor Street and Lansdowne area, not a lot of pix on their website however they recently did a full front-end repaint on my car that was impecaable, they are also very good at detailing many top end cars, I've personally seen many Porsche, Mercedes, Jaguar, and Bently undergoing interior and exterior detailing work just the few times I've been there.

They are also very capable at polishing old oxidized paint as well as doing interior detailing.

See https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-canada/678734-make-over-has-begun.html for the painting process, progress, and result for both painting the front end but also polishing out the rest of the car where the surface was very swirled from years of neglect.

They did a full interior detail on my car after finishing the paintwork, I could not believe how clean the car came out, i really should take some pix as well, the carpet and floor mats look as new, and I know how soiled the driver side mat was from the original owner not paying attention to it, I doubt it had ever been cleaned in the 10 years and 85K he owned the car, but they look new now!

Highly, highly recommended!

Last edited by aviography; 04-08-2012 at 01:37 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:29 PM
passion911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ekam
I'm going to have to call up Wes and schedule an appointment with him soon... I went by his shop last year for quick detail by his partner and saw his work.

+1

I used him on an M3 and he does nice work. He's doing my 911 next month.
He has web site now: www.oriondetailing.co
Old 03-17-2012, 10:21 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bergamasco
Use Autobahn Spa and Salon. These guys know what they are about. No affiliation but I have seen their work.
I've had my Boxster done by Frank's crew. Great job!!!
Old 03-18-2012, 01:32 AM
Wes_R
Banned

Originally Posted by ekam

PS: I used Autobahn few years ago, I wasn't really impressed... they did the whole car (clean, wax, complete interior and wheels) in 4 hours.
Originally Posted by passion911
+1

I used him on an M3 and he does nice work. He's doing my 911 next month.
He has web site now: www.oriondetailing.co
Thanks for the recommendations guys
Old 03-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

Isn't it nice that there is a shop for everyone. Personally, I will always do this myself as it just provides so much satisfaction not to mention that "bonding" thing with your dream car.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:03 PM
louie007
Instructor

thanks everyone , yes i clean my car on a weekly basis but once a year i like to groom her by proffessional groomer .
Old 03-19-2012, 11:59 PM
w00zie
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bergamasco
Ditto on Autobahn, they do an excellent job and pay attention to detail. Just had a car done by them today!
Old 03-21-2012, 11:38 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,116 Likes on 729 Posts

I recently used GTA In Detail, they did a great job. My car is relatively new, but had swirl marks. They weren't just glazed to make it seem like they are gone, they are actually gone with proper correction.

www.gtaindetail.com
Old 03-22-2012, 02:52 PM
rob959
6th Gear

Originally Posted by SToronto
I recently used GTA In Detail, they did a great job. My car is relatively new, but had swirl marks. They weren't just glazed to make it seem like they are gone, they are actually gone with proper correction.

www.gtaindetail.com

I've used to use Kev from GTA in Detail in the past, but of late his work has gotten very sloppy. Cuts too many corners, doesn't tape off when buffing etc etc. Last two details I was shocked at the poor results.

Therefore I invested in products from E-Shine (Chris is an amazing guy with tonnes of knowledge to help you start) and then practiced on older cars in the family and now detail all my own cars.

There are a few other members here who will agree with the above, as we spoke about this at one of the meets.

FYI -
Kev is a nice guy - but just not happy with this work.

Last edited by rob959; 03-22-2012 at 02:53 PM. Reason: adding a FYI
Old 03-22-2012, 05:54 PM
BT ZR1
Racer

I do my own cars. Just did a 997.2 for a friend. He said it never looked as good. removed all his swirl marks etc. Took me 3.5 hours.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:46 PM
picus
Advanced

Hi guys. I Haven't posted here in awhile, was just made aware of this thread. I take my work very seriously so any negative feedback concerns me greatly. Quality of work and customer service are incredibly important to me; I'm always receptive to suggestions/issues before, during, and after a detail.

Rob959, I am not familiar with your username, could you refresh my memory and let me know which cars I detailed for you?

Originally Posted by rob959
I've used to use Kev from GTA in Detail in the past, but of late his work has gotten very sloppy. Cuts too many corners, doesn't tape off when buffing etc etc. Last two details I was shocked at the poor results.

Therefore I invested in products from E-Shine (Chris is an amazing guy with tonnes of knowledge to help you start) and then practiced on older cars in the family and now detail all my own cars.

There are a few other members here who will agree with the above, as we spoke about this at one of the meets.

FYI -
Old 03-22-2012, 07:55 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 234 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by rob959

FYI -
I was not at all happy with Kevin of GTA in Detail either and can not recommend him. Use the other guys or like me, do it yourself.

Quick Reply: Detail shop in Toronto