Notices

CTMP (Mosport) Track Events

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 04:23 PM
TrackClub
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTMP (Mosport) Track Events

BMW Trillium, a non-profit club, is pleased to offer an exciting track schedule, sure to please any automobile enthusiast! We welcome all makes of automobiles and cater to all levels of experience.

www.trillium-bmwclub.ca for registrations and more info
scott@trillium-bmwclub.ca for our Registrar, in case of registration questions/issues

ADVANCED DRIVING SCHOOLS – $499 all in for two days, (single day bookings are also possible), Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (Mosport) Grand Prix track. Tuition is tax deductible! Novice, Intermediate and Advanced group levels: track, class, skid pad and much more!
1) April 28 and 29 (registration is now open!!!)
2) June 2 and 3
3) Sept 8 and 9

ADVANCED OPEN LAPPING - $225 all in each, Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (Mosport) Grand Prix track. Advanced drivers only please. Prior sign off by a Chief BMW instructor required. Or, send your driving resume to our Registrar: scott@trillium-bmwclub.ca
1) April 27 (registration is now open!!!)
2) June 1
3) Sept 7

AUTOCROSS COMPETITION SERIES – 2 venues: i) Brampton PowerAde Centre at $40 all in each and ii) Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (Mosport) Driver Development Track (DDT) at $100 all in (includes lapping!). Non members welcome at nominally higher rates.
1) May 6 – Brampton (registration is now open!!!)
2) May 20 – DDT (includes afternoon open lapping)
3) June 17 – Brampton
4) July 29 – Brampton
5) Aug 26 – DDT (includes afternoon open lapping)
6) Sept 16 – Brampton
7) Oct 27 – Brampton
8) Nov 10 – Brampton

BMW CLUB RACE SCHOOL – $599 all in for both days, Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (Mosport) Grand Prix track. Organized by www.bmwccaclubracing.com see “events” tab for details and registration:
1)April 28 and 29 (registration is now open!!!)

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Thank you!
Old 03-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TrackClub
ADVANCED OPEN LAPPING - $225 all in each,
Is that open track or run groups? If the latter, how many sessions does each group get and how long are the sessions?
Old 03-08-2012, 04:47 PM
TrackClub
Instructor

Originally Posted by Christien
Is that open track or run groups? If the latter, how many sessions does each group get and how long are the sessions?
Apologies for the omission: 2 run groups: 1) race cars 2) street cars.
revolving sessions 9-5pm with a lunch break (for the marshalls).
Hope this clarfies. Thanks! Bill
Old 03-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

ADVANCED OPEN LAPPING - $225 all in each, Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (Mosport) Grand Prix track. Advanced drivers only please. Prior sign off by a Chief BMW instructor required.
I have Letter from Apex Driver Traning made out to PCA-UCR, will that work?

Is Randy Sparre (EMPOWERED) one of your Instructors?

Edit: nevermind i just spoke to him , he said yes for the past 10 years...

Last edited by Zookie; 03-08-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:29 PM
TrackdayRSA.
Rennlist Member

I did their last lapping day of last year and it was a great event- well run, no drama. I will be doing all three of them this year, they are great value for the money.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:30 PM
TrackClub
Instructor

Originally Posted by Zookie
Thats a Great Price!

I have Letter from Apex Driver Traning made out to PCA-UCR, will that work?

Is Radny Sparre (EMPOWERED) one of your Instructors?
I think that might do it, but kindly shoot an email to our Registrar Scott (see original post), to make sure. There is no instruction available at these events, so all the folks are on their own (and most are pretty fast LOL!). Indeed, these are super deals for the "big" track AND the amount of seat time. PS As with any such event there is a bit of "red tape" invoved, but it is WELL WORTH IT
PSS I dont know Radny personally and cant comment on the instructor roster - sorry! If this is important to you i can check into it. Cheers, Bill
Old 03-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by pickering993
I did their last lapping day of last year and it was a great event- well run, no drama. I will be doing all three of them this year, they are great value for the money.
nice see you there as

I think that might do it, but kindly shoot an email to our Registrar Scott (see original post), to make sure. There is no instruction available at these events, so all the folks are on their own (and most are pretty fast LOL!). Indeed, these are super deals for the "big" track AND the amount of seat time. PS As with any such event there is a bit of "red tape" invoved, but it is WELL WORTH IT
PSS I dont know Radny personally and cant comment on the instructor roster - sorry! If this is important to you i can check into it. Cheers, Bill
yea i just spoke to Randy and Emailed Scott. Funny you dont know Randy? He said he's been a instructor with you guys for 10 years and sits on the Board...

No im not looking for instructions, was just asking if you knew him to make things easier with this letter thing. Thanks tho
Old 03-08-2012, 05:45 PM
TrackClub
Instructor

Originally Posted by Zookie
nice see you there as

yea i just spoke to Randy and Emailed Scott. Funny you dont know Randy? He said he's been a instructor with you guys for 10 years and sits on the Board...

No im not looking for instructions, was just asking if you knew him to make things easier with this letter thing. Thanks tho
obviously i gotta meet Randy i must admit i know a few guys/gals but based on my role i dont get to meet everybody...
given his stature, mentioning his name ought to do it (assuming he has positive feedback of course - just kidding LOL!).

Another super deal to be announced soon for Calabogie....
Old 03-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Christien
Race Car

That's a good price. I'll likely do at least one this year. I'll get in touch with Scott.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:02 PM
TrackClub
Instructor

Originally Posted by Christien
That's a good price. I'll likely do at least one this year. I'll get in touch with Scott.
Thanks - see you at the track!
Old 03-09-2012, 12:34 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I took a BMW membership this year and look forward to a few of your events. The open lapping is a great deal for sure.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:35 AM
TrackClub
Instructor

Good deals and high quality IMO. Great to see a healthy interest in track events on this Forum - awesome to see you guys drive your cars where they meant to be driven PS Some great pix BTW!
Old 03-09-2012, 05:55 AM
Bill N
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been going out with the BMW club for years, and can't recommend them too highly. The weekend schools are excellent, and the Friday open lapping gives you lots of track time with a great group of people.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Christien
Race Car

I love that it's open marque, too. While the 911 is more fun at the track than anything else, I can't wait to get the Mini out there and see how she does.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Christien
Race Car

Track pics, yeah, got lots of those. Makes me think, might be time for an avatar change...

Quick Reply: CTMP (Mosport) Track Events