Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012 | 01:04 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

i wonder if i could give him 55,000 in canadian tire money
Old 03-05-2012 | 06:26 PM
boraiv333
Instructor

In fairness to the seller, I had seen the car in person 6 years ago and could honestly say that it is an INCREDIBLE replica. Definitely not your typical stretched Fireo or Corvette chassis. The proportions are very "correct" and "could" pass off as being the real thing to the casual observer.

Having said that, I would never consider a "fake/replica" anything.
Old 03-06-2012 | 09:49 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

With what appears to be a high degree of skill, he pretty much could have constructed a car from scratch and of his own design. I don't think anyone would have had a problem with someone building something new, something different. He probably has the skills to build a race car for Pete's sake.

The cringe factor for me, just my opinion - is where you attempt to clone a 'legendary' car and you don't do it justice. There have been all sorts of clones done and unless you can match the quality such as the South African company did a few years back when they made virtual copies of the Ford G-40 that even Shelby approved of, your going to get negative fallout.

I get the part that he either couldn't afford or find a Lambo engine but at the end of the day perhaps that's when he should have thought, who am I honoring, me or Lamborghini? In this case he did neither.

Quick Reply: Its a real fake, not a fake fake!