Sharweks bypass in Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 01:47 PM
JonasJ
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sharweks bypass in Vancouver

Hi guys,

just got my first 911, lovin' it so far, yet I have the desire for a litte enhanced sound. I was wondering if anyone in Vancouver area has a bypass on a 997.2 S that I could have a listen to and also I am curious what would be my best bet to get one?

Thx for the help
Old 09-25-2011, 06:55 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 497 Likes on 356 Posts

Hi Jonas, dont' know anything about the subject at hand, however welcome and envious of folks with the best P car roads to be found.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:48 PM
JonasJ
Instructor

Thank you very much.

Thx to this forum I now want to start modding which I always was against.

For now I have the following planed:

Spacers
Sharkwerks bypass
Gundo hack if the bypass was not enough
ipod intergration
2011 GTS steering wheel
High gloss black Sportdesign Wheels
Old 09-29-2011, 03:05 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

hi joans, I'm pretty sure that we do have some folks in Vancouver with it so I'll try to poke around ze records. Although I will say that if for some reason it's not what you want we'll gladly take it back etc...

Alex
Old 09-29-2011, 12:58 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Hi Jonas,

fyi, an exhaust bypass will probably make your car too loud for the local racetrack (Mission) and maybe autocross at Pitt Meadows too. If you decide to go with the bypass, hang onto your stock exhaust so you can swap back temporarily if you want to try out the local autox/track scene.

Cheers,
Old 09-29-2011, 01:04 PM
JonasJ
Instructor

hi joans, I'm pretty sure that we do have some folks in Vancouver with it so I'll try to poke around ze records. Although I will say that if for some reason it's not what you want we'll gladly take it back etc...

Alex

That would be awesome, until now I haven't found anyone. Can you tell me how I can get the bypass here? I order it from you?

Hi Jonas,

fyi, an exhaust bypass will probably make your car too loud for the local racetrack (Mission) and maybe autocross at Pitt Meadows too. If you decide to go with the bypass, hang onto your stock exhaust so you can swap back temporarily if you want to try out the local autox/track scene.

Cheers,

Is that true? I heard the bypass alone is quite subtle?
Old 09-29-2011, 01:19 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by AllanJ
Hi Jonas,

Cheers,
Hi AllanJ, do you mean our GT3 exhaust right? Not the one for the 997.2 Carrera/S etc... that one is really quiet and passes at Laguna Seca even with the PSE combination Let me know though as I'd for sure like to confirm this...

Originally Posted by JonasJ
That would be awesome, until now I haven't found anyone. Can you tell me how I can get the bypass here? I order it from you?

Is that true? I heard the bypass alone is quite subtle?
Hi Jonas for sure just give us a call on 510-651-0300 and we can do it that way. We ship them all over the world
Old 09-29-2011, 08:43 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sharkster
Hi AllanJ, do you mean our GT3 exhaust right? Not the one for the 997.2 Carrera/S etc... that one is really quiet and passes at Laguna Seca even with the PSE combination Let me know though as I'd for sure like to confirm this...
Cool! I (sit) corrected.
If it'll pass Laguna then it should be fine here. We have to deal with a fairly strict 92db for lapping days and it's measured on the main straight under full throttle.

Cheers,
Old 09-30-2011, 01:27 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Cool! I (sit) corrected.
If it'll pass Laguna then it should be fine here. We have to deal with a fairly strict 92db for lapping days and it's measured on the main straight under full throttle.

Cheers,
Ah no worries! Yep the 997 exhaust is a-ok then. It's getting stricter and stricter
Old 10-01-2011, 03:05 AM
JonasJ
Instructor

Alex
was teh poking successful?
Old 10-02-2011, 07:53 AM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 46 Posts

Cool! I (sit) corrected.

Cheers,
I'll speak to Mission specifically (and a 997.2 GT3), track officials did say I was too loud even only with SW bypass. I just short shifted on the straight and took the car off sport mode and no more complaints. Regarding LS, Adam was going to bring the silencer for me (never ended up going this year) as he mentioned it would be needed to meet 92db.

Don't think that helped, but a data point anyway. I live in downtown, Vancouver and you can take a listen at a mutually convenient time if you want.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:49 PM
JonasJ
Instructor

Thx for the input, but as I need a backseat i went with the carrera S so the exhaust note will be completely different

Quick Reply: Sharweks bypass in Vancouver