Notices

Need some help from the Maritimers!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 07:40 PM
TargaMatt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help from the Maritimers!

Well, I have recently sold my beloved 993 to my brother in NS. As sad as I am, it's still kind of win-win for me, as I go home to NS for a few weeks each summer, and now I'll be able to enjoy the 993 on some twisty roads, which are in short supply in AB!

I was wondering if anyone could offer suggestions of a good wrench for an air cooled car in NS, ideally in the Halifax Metro area. He will likely take it to the dealer if there aren't any, but I told him I'd ask around as I know there a few Maritimers on here.

Thanks in advance, any suggestions appreciated!

matt
Old 09-15-2011, 08:50 PM
MidnightCayman
Racer

Matt,

It is very difficult to find a quality European car mechanic in the province. I can only think of 2 indy shops in Halifax. One is Burt Page at Eurowerks but be very careful, he seems to always have the same old beat up European junk in his front lot and my uncle had a horrible experience there with his BMW recently. The other is Halifax Autosport literally right across the street from the dealer, no experience there. There is also a guy in Westville(New Glasgow area) who I've been told used to work for Porsche and recently opened up a shop. I have also heard he is the guy who services Rob Sobey's collection of over 20 Porsches ranging from 964s to GT2 RS. We service our Cayman at the dealer as it is still under warranty.

Hope this helps
Old 09-15-2011, 10:52 PM
gtihop
Instructor

What he said ^^ pretty much sums it up. Not alot here.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:03 AM
irobertson
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TargaMatt
Wow, lucky brother.
Sorry, but I can't help with any more suggestions. Been 6 years since I lived there.

gtihop
Nice to see your post.
We met in Ottawa at a fun run last year.

cheers

Quick Reply: Need some help from the Maritimers!