Engineered Automotive

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 02:10 AM
Slategreyterracotta
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sp000lin
Hmmmm.

Were they trying to fit the spacers for 2 hours, or trying to get the alignment within specs with the spacers for 2 hours?

they said they were trying to get the car align for two hours with the spacers but they said it's not the problem of the car or the suspension, they blamed it on the fit of the spacers...and said the hubcentric part doesn't fit into the original porsche wheels

I can see those 2 hours being wasted if they repeatedly try to get the alignment within spec with those spacers on. I cannot however see them spending 2 hours to simply try and make them fit on the car. I've never been to SCB but I assume they do not have an alignment rack there and all they did was bolt the spacers up correct?
in less than 10 minutes i don' think they did an alignment

If this was in no way a misunderstanding and they did in fact attempt to fit those spacers for 2 hours unsuccessfully, then something isn't right, I'm a bit surprised too, as regardless of employee attitudes I've always thought of their quality of work to be pretty high. Maybe it was a misunderstanding that was lost in translation somewhere along the lines and they were simply trying to get the alignment within specs for those 2 hours after bolting the spacers on. I guess a sure-fire way to get to the bottom of this is to check your alignment with the spacers on now, just to feed our curiousity anyway.

true, to show if they are right or they are incompetent, i will ask dominic at EU Autowerks to do an alignment for me with the spacers bolted on

P.S. Pics of car with spacers please
sure i will post pic with the RSS spacers
Old 08-12-2011, 02:21 AM
Slategreyterracotta
4th Gear

i didn't even want to say this because it does shows my stupidity, i went to them before when my coolant was leaking.... they checked and said it's my water pump leaking.... and quoted me about 1.4 G to fix my water pump... so i called dominic at EU and they quoted me about 4-500 ...i complained to EA and they said they need to put in a thermostat too... even if the thermostat is good.... could be a cause of the waterpump leak... i told them that i am taking my car to EU .... they said they have to charge me the diagnostic fee, an hours labour... then i said sure but i am still taking my car away... then they said they will drop the price and not change the thermostat.... and quoted me about 800 ... which is about the same as EU + their diagnostic if i take my car away.... so i decided to have them fix that... (should not have gone back ever..) then because i drive by them each day going to work ...live so close and got lazy of driving to EU... so went back again for the spacers and oil change...

one more thing happened with the oil change.... after the oil change i went on track.....after about 2 sessions on Mosport GP on a day organized by Gerry... the car starts with a large clould of blue smoke.... everyone at the track said it's overfilled with oil....

finally have to drive back to EU and got dominic to drain out all the oil and then also change the air oil separator....got ruined by too much oil
Old 08-12-2011, 02:22 AM
Slategreyterracotta
4th Gear

and by the way since someone asked...i drive a 05 boxster S
Old 08-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Slategreyterracotta
i didn't even want to say this because it does shows my stupidity, i went to them before when my coolant was leaking.... they checked and said it's my water pump leaking.... and quoted me about 1.4 G to fix my water pump... so i called dominic at EU and they quoted me about 4-500 ...i complained to EA and they said they need to put in a thermostat too... even if the thermostat is good.... could be a cause of the waterpump leak... i told them that i am taking my car to EU .... they said they have to charge me the diagnostic fee, an hours labour... then i said sure but i am still taking my car away... then they said they will drop the price and not change the thermostat.... and quoted me about 800 ... which is about the same as EU + their diagnostic if i take my car away.... so i decided to have them fix that... (should not have gone back ever..) then because i drive by them each day going to work ...live so close and got lazy of driving to EU... so went back again for the spacers and oil change...

one more thing happened with the oil change.... after the oil change i went on track.....after about 2 sessions on Mosport GP on a day organized by Gerry... the car starts with a large clould of blue smoke.... everyone at the track said it's overfilled with oil....

finally have to drive back to EU and got dominic to drain out all the oil and then also change the air oil separator....got ruined by too much oil
"Fool Me Once Shame On You... Fool Me Twice Shame On Me"

Now that i think of it, you have no one to blame for this Thread but yourself...
Old 08-13-2011, 09:42 AM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 264 Posts

wow, uber tough house

have had all my cars serviced over the years at EA, nothing but good things to say

spacers change scrub radius

also if the spacers aren't truly hub centric then the runout will be off

if you get some experience aligning a car yourself it may change your perspective

Last edited by jdistefa; 08-13-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:34 PM
bigboi's911S
Advanced

Originally Posted by 911porschefan
I've heard nothing but horrible things about Engineered Automotive, its too bad they are an authorized Dinan supplier and most BMW guys go there or Cross Avenue (just as bad I heard). Courtney and Dominic at EU Autowerk are definitely the ones to go too.
Go to Cross Avenue all the time - they do GOOD work and the guys are great to deal with - don't drag them into this lol...
Old 08-18-2011, 08:33 PM
PPo
Drifting

Shops usually get enough work... if you are a jerk, they usually don't fix the problem because they don't want you back. If you can't find a good mechanic, and others can, who do you think the problem is?

It's fun to dump customers sometimes...
Old 08-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo
Shops usually get enough work... if you are a jerk, they usually don't fix the problem because they don't want you back. If you can't find a good mechanic, and others can, who do you think the problem is?

It's fun to dump customers sometimes...
You Are Correct. I work in Sales and Service...
Old 08-18-2011, 11:12 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 222 Likes on 111 Posts

With spacers ensure your wheel bolts are long enough so they thread enough into the hub so you don't lose a wheel.

Quick Reply: Engineered Automotive