Notices

Best place to camp at Mosport

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 10:40 AM
stacheman
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best place to camp at Mosport

Heading to the races this Thurs. Any suggestions as to the best spot to settle in.

Will have the Airstream and a few other camper trailers in the group, so I think the 'family section' is out of the question.

It would be nice to be beside the track if possible.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:22 AM
TrackdayRSA.
Rennlist Member

For many years we have camped at the inside of turn 3....you are 20 or 30 feet from the track and you can see all of turn 2 and also 3, which is a great passing zone. Your only issue will be getting an Airstream in there, but there is lots of space between the inside of 3 and 4 to set up camp.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Rev_2_8k
Racer

I camp a bit deeper near the straight to turn 4.

We'll be permanently sitting at Turn 5 all weekend with coolers, brews and shades.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:22 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Camp outfield as there is limited track crossing during the weekend if you go infield - mostly at the end of racing you can get out or in.

Gate 5 (between cor 3 and 4) is the easest to get through with a trailer as coming through gate 4 (middle of cor 1) requires you to climb the hill to your left so you can travel drivers left down to the outfield to cor 2.

Gate 1 is locked down for the karters so to get to corner 7 outfield you have to go through gate 2 and then hang a 90 degree turn to the right through the fence and head off towards the kart groups using the road that goes around their track and the backside of the cor 8 tirewall.

I would pick the hill between cor's 3 and 4 and park your trailer facing the track.

I accept hotdogs and hamburgers - I am not too proud to eat free - just throw them down to me if I'm blue flagging drivers left there.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:24 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 411 Posts

I hear Porsche platz is a good place to camp
Old 07-20-2011, 09:06 AM
ZR8ED
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still alive at corner 5!

Don't camp on the inside of corner 5..don't walk there either..maybe your worst enemy so you can watch the bugs eat him alive!

Quick Reply: Best place to camp at Mosport