Notices

Any mechanically inclined Porschephiles out there?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 06:47 PM
MidnightCayman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any mechanically inclined Porschephiles out there?

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ294265192

No affiliation. Could be interesting for someone.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 403 Posts

don't like the grey interior
Old 07-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
don't like the grey interior
+1 but dame thats a good price!
Old 07-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Targatoo
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fixing a rad doesn't seem to require mechanical inclination, does it? Or is it implied that there may be more serious problems with the turbo?

This is exactly the car I will be looking for either next year or the year after. There's no way I could convince Mrs. Targatoo that upgrading within a year is reasonable.

That said, if someone offered me $45k for my Targa...
(or something reasonable?)

Maybe Mrs. Targatoo could be convinced. Hmm.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:00 PM
MidnightCayman
Racer

Originally Posted by Targatoo
Fixing a rad doesn't seem to require mechanical inclination, does it? Or is it implied that there may be more serious problems with the turbo?
I am not 100% sure to be honest. I assumed there is something a little more serious due to the price but if not it could be a great vehicle for someone.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:06 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

I have to question the 'as is' note to this ad. Could be way more then a 'hose clamp' here. If it were a minor item - this seller should have no issues with a safety, correct? We're talking pennies against what the selling price is listed at. Anyone putting an ad in this site to sell a $45K Porsche has my radar dish already fired up and pointing at them... Just saying.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Bahama
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

2003 with only 40k km ???? Even I drive my car more than that in a season.
Always a watchout on these ads is the spelling and grammar. You would think that someone trying to "sale" something "witch" is that important to them, would sit on the "froor" and recheck their ad before posting to make sure it makes sense (from "coulour" to "leans"). You at least want to come across as somewhat professional even though you regard your potential buyer as moron, by only "showing the ownership to the "buyer" and expecting him/her to impulse buy an uncertified $45M vehicle because you are only going to be available for the next 5 days.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

I DONT LIKE CARS WITH LOW MILAGE, NOTHING BUT TROUBLE
Old 07-04-2011, 04:29 PM
Targatoo
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just assumed that he was francophone, therefore excusing the spelling.

On closer examination, it's almost certainly a curbsider. The postal code shows it being one block from a used car lot. I wouldn't be surprised if it was sourced at an auction, maybe in the states.

Nonetheless, it's just around the corner from me. I'll drive by the neighbourhood this week to see if it's there... Just for curiousity's sake.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:05 PM
MidnightCayman
Racer

Originally Posted by Targatoo
I just assumed that he was francophone, therefore excusing the spelling.

On closer examination, it's almost certainly a curbsider. The postal code shows it being one block from a used car lot. I wouldn't be surprised if it was sourced at an auction, maybe in the states.

Nonetheless, it's just around the corner from me. I'll drive by the neighbourhood this week to see if it's there... Just for curiousity's sake.
Apparently it is from Texas. Let us know how it goes.

Here is the response I received:

To the best of my knowledge the car is accident free, the car was imported from texas, registered in quebec and some service records from there. 2007 and beyound. The paper work I have is: import paper work, some service records starting from 2007, some maitenance records, dyno. I have not had the leak checked out, I am looking at it now but the leak is not leaking, I will be filling up the system and looking for the leak again. Rad replacement is about 750 to 1000 as the price of a rad is 450 US. If its a seal problem, then it should be much less.

Not winter driven, garaged kept, batery on chahger , car started regularly, no road miles since march, that was only to drive the car from montreal to ottawa. 175KM, ride very stiff and extremmely responsive, performance very responsive. To my best knowledge never seen track time, either in texas or montreal. the montreal dealer was a private car sales in exotics and used the car to empress clients then he sales them, no signs of abuse to the car, no smoke on cold start up

mods are shocks, lowere 1/2 inch , headers and tune ,dyno at 485HP dyno to prove.

Price is firm at 45K, if you want to get the car inspected at your expense, car has not been registered in ontario, passed emission check in texas 1500mile ago, paper work to prove. I have bill of sale and quebec registration, Ontario will require emmisions and safety check.

no other leaks with the car, interior very good with extra mats, and owners manual , no issues. If you want to talk more please provide daytime number will call. paint is original with some blemishes when veiwed close up, paint blemish on hood and very light in some other areas, im being very particular.

two deals are pending at the moment
The car will go to the person who can produce a bank draft, price war will not be concidered.

Reason for selling is not really to my liking, to stiff and a little to load, stock exhaust, after all its a true sports car with racing in mind
Old 07-04-2011, 11:10 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 403 Posts

that guy is my dream seller so I am sending him a money draft sight unseen right away. I love cars from quebec (really fair used car dealers there). I appreciate the sellers honesty about the paint (he is very particular, just can't spell!)
I love the last line not to my liking, to stiff etc, after all its a true sports car with racing in mind

this guy knows how to sell cars. I will contact him to sell any future cars I want to sell, he really knows what he is doing (only for the next 5 days, and provide a daytime number cause he needs to sell)
ha ha ha
oh and 2 deals are pending right now but no price war.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:07 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Yeah, just too many red flags. Too many resellers involved for it to be "just" $45k.

Too bad cause wife want's me to find her a 4S as a dd. You know, 4WD safe and a four-seater. This would be one-up from that. Love the blue, don't mind the interior... Followed one for approx 50km on the 401 two weeks ago, going to Montreal.

And Geoff, please report back if you do drop by to see it A good PPi @ Mark Motors should cut through the crap...
Old 07-06-2011, 12:23 AM
sp000lin
Advanced

493RWHP eh... Hmm...

Quick Reply: Any mechanically inclined Porschephiles out there?