Notices

Announcement: Porsche Club Open House, Toronto

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 11:05 PM
Mike ON
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Announcement: Porsche Club Open House, Toronto

The Porsche Club of America’s Upper Canada Region is holding an Open House Day on Sunday, May 1st, to celebrate the arrival of spring and the new driving season. Attractions include a Show & Shine event for Porsche Club members to display their vintage Porsches plus the latest Boxsters, Caymans and hot 911 GT3s. Porsche Cars Canada and their dealers will be on hand to show off the latest models. Other service providers and club supporters will be displaying and offering advice on tires, tuning kits, polishes, accessories, the latest styles in branded clothing and much more. Club volunteers will be promoting upcoming Porsche Club events such as Fun Runs, Autocross, Driver Education, Rallies, Monthly Socials, Tech Events and more.

One more reason to attend Open House – it’s being held at the Canadian Air & Space Museum. Imagine all those Porsches lined up alongside a full-size replica of the storied Avro Arrow. Porsches and vintage airplanes – surely a good enough reason to venture out for some springtime fun.

What: Porsche Club of America Spring “Open House” Day
Who: Porsche Club members, all Porsche owners and other auto enthusiasts
When: Sunday May 1,10am – 4pm
Where: Canadian Air & Space Museum, 65 Carl Hall Road, Downsview Park, Toronto (Keele / Sheppard)
Cost: Free Open House and Museum admission to members with their membership cards. Non-members are also welcome and will receive free admission with the COUPON that can be found at http://www.pcaucr.org/driving/seasonkickoff
Old 04-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

No traction for this? Sounds interesting. I met Mike and some other PCA folks at the PAGID event at SCB a few weeks ago - and they seemed genuinely keen to engage with a broader base, including the Rennlist crew.

If the weather is clear - I'd be tempted to attend - at least in part due to teh awesome location. That Arrow repro is mightly impressive.

Anyone going?

RK
Old 04-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

here is all teh action rally guy https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist...e-may-1st.html
Old 04-27-2011, 10:07 PM
akw
Racer

Where is our rennlist welcome chair??? These people who keep breaking the rules.......
Old 04-27-2011, 10:27 PM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Zookie - you da man...

Thanks - and oops!

Hope to see you cats there.

RK
Old 04-29-2011, 12:19 AM
Mike ON
6th Gear

Default Yes, the Rennlist crew is welcome

My apologies for just posting the announcement about the UCR Open House without any personal comment. I appreciate RK's post and yes, we do want to reach out to all Porsche owners and make them welcome at this event. Open House should be what it suggests - an opportunity for all Porsche owners and auto enthusiasts to come and see what the club is all about.

I've only been a member for about six years and a new director this year, so I'm still learning about past history and perceptions of the club. We can't change the past, but my own experience and my intent as a director is that we listen to our members and run events and activities that they want and enjoy. I'd like to say we have something for everyone, but I need to learn more about what people like, don't like and want, before I make that statement. Indeed, we need to listen to non-members as well, to understand what we would need to do to gain their interest.

So please come along on Sunday, talk to our volunteers who run our busy schedule of events, browse the vendor tables and the Show & Shine and enjoy the delights of the Canadian Air & Space Museum, too. If you can spare a moment, ask for Mike Bryan and let me know what's important to you in getting the most out of owning your Porsche.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:40 AM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

I'll be there with a few other owners as well as a Indy P-Car shop owner ...around 11 am.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:51 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,114 Likes on 796 Posts

try posting a pic of your ride .. that would help
Old 04-30-2011, 09:26 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike ON
I've only been a member for about six years and a new director this year, so I'm still learning about past history and perceptions of the club. We can't change the past,
Well I've only been a member for 1 year and have no idea of the past. It's all about moving forward.

Originally Posted by theiceman
try posting a pic of your ride .. that would help
+1 Clive, cause we all know, "it's not about the people, it's about the car your drive"
Old 04-30-2011, 10:13 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Mike: i am sure quite a few of us will turn up tomorrow, and it will be a bit of fun, which is basically the name of the game. Nobody wants bad feelings and there is more friendly joshing on our part than anything. We all want people to enjoy their cars and the Porsche community at large.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:51 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Ronan
Mike: i am sure quite a few of us will turn up tomorrow, and it will be a bit of fun, which is basically the name of the game. Nobody wants bad feelings and there is more friendly joshing on our part than anything. We all want people to enjoy their cars and the Porsche community at large.
+911
Old 05-01-2011, 01:25 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by FFaust
+911
+996
Old 05-01-2011, 03:33 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 390 Posts

+993, 951 (squared)
Old 05-01-2011, 04:35 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Zookie
+996
Of course, even bought the 996 shirt at the goodie store.

Great turn-out, and was good to hook up with friends after a long winter and crappy spring
Old 05-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Good turnout, good atmosphere. Shame that the weather was not all it could have been, but lots of people to meet.

Quick Reply: Announcement: Porsche Club Open House, Toronto