Notices

PCA UCR DE: Mosport May 14-15, who's going?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 10:48 AM
akw
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FFaust
Sorry Adam, but this is uncalled for.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion Francois. I'm curious what makes my opinion uncalled for?

I've noticed that in this forum everyone is quick to bash the NNJ crew when visiting mosport and some cars go off track. I don't see anyone doing that with UCR - I have to wonder why that is. Where is the bias coming from? Is it the association with the UCR crew and the unwritten rule never to speak of bad thins? I also see people talking about how UCR is THE safest DE around but I have no concrete data to back this up - just hearsay and "feelings". I'd rather run at a NNJ weekend than a UCR weekend any time.

Adam
Old 05-16-2011, 11:44 AM
redcarman
Instructor

I was there on Sat all day and Sun morning. I got in 4 quick laps during the first run on Sat when the track was dry. It went all downhill after that. Quite a bit of carnage from all run groups...I won't go into specifics for possible legal reasons

On Sunday morning I sat in on a presentation that the Head Instructor gave to the White run group on the "proper" wet line which gave me a bit more confidence on my 2nd Sunday morning run before I left for the day. The track was really slippery especially when you crossed the dry line in each corner.

Lets pray for a nice dry sunny day for the next DE in June

Last edited by redcarman; 05-16-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:49 PM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I had a great time! Good to see everyone again

I'm so happy the track season is back
Old 05-16-2011, 07:59 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by akw
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion Francois. I'm curious what makes my opinion uncalled for?

I've noticed that in this forum everyone is quick to bash the NNJ crew when visiting mosport and some cars go off track. I don't see anyone doing that with UCR - I have to wonder why that is. Where is the bias coming from? Is it the association with the UCR crew and the unwritten rule never to speak of bad thins? I also see people talking about how UCR is THE safest DE around but I have no concrete data to back this up - just hearsay and "feelings". I'd rather run at a NNJ weekend than a UCR weekend any time.

Adam
Apologies if I offended you Adam. I figured that there might have been more to it, but I am not aware of the history, the NNJ bashing you speak of. I understood your comment to mean that you were calling the UCR "cowboys", and that is unacceptable, something that I must defend. I can see now that it's not the case.

In my mind, NNJ is as good as UC, but the UCR has more knowledge of Mosport, it being its home track. Mosport is pretty tricky, and knowledge is a good thing. As I said earlier, many visiting drivers are not even aware that there IS a wet line.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:47 PM
akw
Racer

You didn't offend me - just a curious reaction you had to me giving my opinion. I actually thought you were offended

If you read some past threads there are people from the UCR who are quick to call the NNJR crew "cowboys" because of the crashes that have happened during their weekends. I find it interesting that the same thing is not said of UCR when a similar situation happens (rain, multiple crashes). That's all I was saying. Locals are quick to judge but when it happens to them it's all hush hush and nobody does any "name calling". we have an incident at a rennlist day and we are all "cowboys" - LOL. Just seems silly to me. The "cowboy" is the person behind the wheel and it can happen to any of us at any time

Mosport is a tough track and i agree not everyone knows about the wet line - that's true of instructors of both regions (in my first hand experience of having UCR and NNJR instructors in my car when it has been raining).

Originally Posted by FFaust
Apologies if I offended you Adam. I figured that there might have been more to it, but I am not aware of the history, the NNJ bashing you speak of. I understood your comment to mean that you were calling the UCR "cowboys", and that is unacceptable, something that I must defend. I can see now that it's not the case.

In my mind, NNJ is as good as UC, but the UCR has more knowledge of Mosport, it being its home track. Mosport is pretty tricky, and knowledge is a good thing. As I said earlier, many visiting drivers are not even aware that there IS a wet line.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:06 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

I like NNJR, though they are moving road blocks for the first 2 days of their events.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:53 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

any pictures of the aftermath? or is that Uncalled for also?
Old 05-17-2011, 12:10 AM
carrera
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Old 05-17-2011, 06:39 PM
akw
Racer

HAHA - too much

I was thinking more like this.....

Originally Posted by carrera

Quick Reply: PCA UCR DE: Mosport May 14-15, who's going?